Every Mile is a Miracle

Congrats!!! You did AWESOME!! Love the recap, the photos, and I even like the medal you did get. Mountain goats rock. Way to make a mole hill out of that mountain.

Great job! You absolutely crushed that mountain and I can't wait to see you crush your PR next time you get a more favorable course!! Here I was lamenting my 170ft elevation gain last race....

February Totals:
Miles Ran – 92.4
Total Time – 17:27:15
Average Pace - 11:20/mi
Miles Swam - .7 miles
Weight Change – up 1 lb (Thanks Birthday Month)

February Goals:
- Hit my paces: CHECK
- Keep eating more fruits & veggies: CHECK, but also lots of cake
- Drink 64oz of water a day: Still terrible at this
- Swim 4x: Nope, only swam once this month
- Walk the dogs once a week: Nope, sorry pups
- Strength train 2x a week: Also nope.
- Half Marathon PR (ideally, 2:20): One more nope but I did so well on my half I don’t even care

Birthday month kind of derailed my eating habits. Life in general, just isn't helping. If I didn't have running and races to look forward to I think I would be in much worse shape mentally. Life is hard and I struggle finding a silver lining in things. I just really don't like where I am right now and so I focus on running and goals and races because it gives me something to look forward to. Anyway, on to March...

:shamrock: Hey March -- let's not suck :shamrock:

I am currently (and regrettably) eating a bag of chips from my work's vending machine. It's the second time this week I have done this and this is not a usual move for me. I am blaming it on my rest week and birthday week and once Monday rolls around I will be back on track.
I officially finished my first DopeyBadger plan. I am anxiously and excitedly awaiting my next one to start. I had to finish up my race schedule for the year, which is still a little tentative but I will make it work. I slacked on my February goals, so let's see if I can do better this month.

March Goals:
- Hit my Fitbit step goal every day (8000)
- Keep eating more fruits & veggies
- Start Meal Prepping!
- Drink 64oz of water a day
- Swim 2x

- Bike 36 miles
- Walk the dogs once a week
- Strength train 2x a week

- Move out of my in laws house!!!

Life Update
Today is Bay's 6th Birthday!!! Our birthday's are only 5 (sometimes 6) days apart so it makes for a fun week in our household! Last night I decorated her door, which we did last year and she remembered it and kept asking me to do it again this year. I didn't get to see her open it because I was running this morning (6k for Bay!) but it made her birthday start off exactly how she wanted it to, so that's all that matters. She shares a birthday with Dr. Seuss and her school was celebrating National Read Across America Day, so I made her a little Cat in the Hat headband to wear to celebrate! She is the coolest, smartest, kid I know. <3
812B77C4-5437-4CFE-A833-6CBCB5837186.JPG
IMG_3522.jpg

Running Update
I got my next DBP which starts tomorrow, but since I ran today, I'm saying today! There is different terminology on this one and faster paces, but I am super excited to see where this takes me. I am also thankful that we are just about at DST and while AZ doesn't change it's clocks that just means we are one step closer to more light in the morning when I run! I am also going to try to find some new running tracks and paths to switch things up a bit.
23 days until my 5k PR attempt at the Carlsbad 5000!

Happy Birthday, Bay! I love her Cat in the Hat headband ... super cute!

March goals look great (especially that last one...). Hopefully with your new Coach DB plan in hand you'll be able to crush all of your goals!

I'm SO behind on everyone's journals! So CONGRATS on an amazing job conquering that mountain, happy belated birthday and happy belated birthday to adorable Bay! I am so excited to see you crush your PRs this year!

Thanks for all the birthday love! We had a busy weekend. It was Little League opening day on Saturday, so we got to watch some kids play baseball. I love how adorable Bay looks in her uniform!
3O1A3444.jpeg

Then Sunday we had her birthday party at the park. It was a gorgeous day and we got her a bounce house so the kids just bounced and ate pizza and bounced some more. Then we were all so exhausted that we went to bed early and I got over 8 hours of sleep which is usually unheard of for me.

I am ready to get back to my schedule of eating better and waking up early for my training plan. I am already a day behind, so I am going to take advantage of this awesome weather we are having and get the three miles I was supposed to do yesterday in during my lunch. This week is an easy week for me, but my legs are ready to start getting miles on them again.

Scheduled training for this week:
Mon 3/5 - 3 mi @EA
Tue 3/6 - 4 mi @ EA
Wed 3/7 - 5 mi @ EB
Thurs 3/8 - 4 mi @ EA
Fri 3/9 - REST
Sat 3/10 - 5 mi @ EB
Sun 3/11 - 5 mi @ LR

Nice and easy this week.

Thanks for all the birthday love! We had a busy weekend. It was Little League opening day on Saturday, so we got to watch some kids play baseball. I love how adorable Bay looks in her uniform!
View attachment 306939

Then Sunday we had her birthday party at the park. It was a gorgeous day and we got her a bounce house so the kids just bounced and ate pizza and bounced some more. Then we were all so exhausted that we went to bed early and I got over 8 hours of sleep which is usually unheard of for me.

I am ready to get back to my schedule of eating better and waking up early for my training plan. I am already a day behind, so I am going to take advantage of this awesome weather we are having and get the three miles I was supposed to do yesterday in during my lunch. This week is an easy week for me, but my legs are ready to start getting miles on them again.

Scheduled training for this week:
Mon 3/5 - 3 mi @EA
Tue 3/6 - 4 mi @ EA
Wed 3/7 - 5 mi @ EB
Thurs 3/8 - 4 mi @ EA
Fri 3/9 - REST
Sat 3/10 - 5 mi @ EB
Sun 3/11 - 5 mi @ LR

Nice and easy this week.

Bay is your mini-me! Sooo sweet! Happy Birthday to her!
Have a great week!

Friday is the worst day to have a rest day because of the extra calories I am bound to consume. Like how I had cake for breakfast, but then a nice coworker gave me a banana, but then we got an email about donuts in the break room and I am now telling myself how much I don't need a donut but there will be margaritas in my future...... :upsidedow

Friday is the worst day to have a rest day because of the extra calories I am bound to consume. Like how I had cake for breakfast, but then a nice coworker gave me a banana, but then we got an email about donuts in the break room and I am now telling myself how much I don't need a donut but there will be margaritas in my future...... :upsidedow

SAME, but thankfully it isn't my rest day. LOL. Baby shower for a coworker today means lots and lots of cupcakes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter