Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

The Uber/Lyft app tells you.
Uber is right below each car type
Lyft is across from each car type

I mostly found it interesting that google maps did something that i wasn't aware of. I use it on my computer more than the phone app.

I mostly found it interesting that google maps did something that i wasn't aware of. I use it on my computer more than the phone app.
A month or two ago, Maps added the ability to request a ride through Maps. The fare estimate is a part of that new capability.

I personally can't think of a good reason for using Maps to order a ride rather than just using the applicable app. But that Maps feature does give you the ability to do some comparative shopping on fares.

The maps tell you the price for Uber and Lyft as well as estimated time for ride arrival. Easy way to decide which service makes sense. I think selecting Lyft loads the Lyft app.

If you use maps to decide which service to use you might as well use it to book.

Last edited:

I wish I read this thread before going to Disney springs this past week!! omg took the buses for the first time since the new bus stops and thought i'd die walking all the way down for the pickups after a long night of walking all over the place. We took an Uber on our second time around that week, that was fine, he actually dropped us off in the garage (wasn't supposed to but he did). Then on our return, the driver said it wasn't allowed and could only pick us up down at Cirque. OMG. I haven't read thru this entire thread, but is it still true they can pick us up at the old bus stops? I wish I knew that, thats the only place we shop is the Marketplace area!!

I haven't read thru this entire thread, but is it still true they can pick us up at the old bus stops? I wish I knew that, thats the only place we shop is the Marketplace area!!
Yes, I just went into the Uber app and dropped a pin at Ghirardelli, and it told me I could request a ride at either the Strawberry Lot or the Marketplace Bus Loop.

Yes, I just went into the Uber app and dropped a pin at Ghirardelli, and it told me I could request a ride at either the Strawberry Lot or the Marketplace Bus Loop.

Thanks, I wish I knew! They just can't drop off at the Marketplace, correct?

Thanks, I wish I knew! They just can't drop off at the Marketplace, correct?
They can. I think the default is Strawberry Lot but they can drop at Marketplace (we've had a driver drop us there)
But you'll want to tell them what's where you want to be dropped. If you just say DS, I think they head to Strawberry Lot. If you have a language barrier it may be harder to explain too.

They can. I think the default is Strawberry Lot but they can drop at Marketplace (we've had a driver drop us there)
But you'll want to tell them what's where you want to be dropped. If you just say DS, I think they head to Strawberry Lot. If you have a language barrier it may be harder to explain too.

That is interesting, because when he took us there, I asked if we could be dropped off at the Marketplace, and he didn't know what I meant! I started listing off the main stores there, he still didn't know. Any tips for next time, to describe the Marketplace's location for them?

That is interesting, because when he took us there, I asked if we could be dropped off at the Marketplace, and he didn't know what I meant! I started listing off the main stores there, he still didn't know. Any tips for next time, to describe the Marketplace's location for them?
Try the old Bus Stop. They may know what that is. If not, then no idea. All drivers aren't created equal, that's for certain.

To use the service, you must be a Guest at one of the participating Deluxe Resorts. Once you're signed up, you can request to be picked up anywhere on WDW property, including Pop, even after you're no longer a Guest at the participating resort.

That's really interesting! So we are at CR then POP. So as long as I sign up at CR, I can use it at POP? What about in 3 months when we are at POFQ? Still good after 3 months? Given they'll probably extend it to all resorts by then.

That's really interesting! So we are at CR then POP. So as long as I sign up at CR, I can use it at POP? What about in 3 months when we are at POFQ? Still good after 3 months? Given they'll probably extend it to all resorts by then.

I still see Minnie Vans on my app, and I was there Labor Day weekend.

I still see Minnie Vans on my app, and I was there Labor Day weekend.
You can? Do you live in FL? I only see Minnie Vans as a service option when I'm at Disney. Added it in Aug and when we returned in Oct they were back as an option. If I open the app now, no Minnie Vans are listed as vehicle types. But we aren't anywhere near FL

You can? Do you live in FL? I only see Minnie Vans as a service option when I'm at Disney. Added it in Aug and when we returned in Oct they were back as an option. If I open the app now, no Minnie Vans are listed as vehicle types. But we aren't anywhere near FL

On my phone, I always keep Location Services turned off unless I need it for a particular reason. I think the Lyft app still thinks I'm at Disney World.

On my phone, I always keep Location Services turned off unless I need it for a particular reason. I think the Lyft app still thinks I'm at Disney World.
Ah, ok I bet you are right. I too keep mine off at all times too but with Lyft, they have a setting that allows Location to only work when you open the app, rather than all the time. That way, I can use it when not at DW.

This may have been answered already so I apologize if so, but DH and I are running the half this upcoming Sunday and were wondering if it would be possible to take an uber/lyft from our condo just off site to MK for the race start? We would need to leave the condo around 4-4:15 AM and I didn't know if there would be vehicles available around then. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter