Event details for Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom

erionm

DIS Veteran
MoonlightMagic1.png

How far in advance do they usually notify members of an event? We are going in April and would love to take advantage of something.

How far in advance do they usually notify members of an event? We are going in April and would love to take advantage of something.
Most of the events for this year were announced back at the beginning of Jan 2017. The 2017 MK Moonlight Magic event was (I believe) announced a month or so earlier.

Weather cleared up beautifully for tonight. Na'vi River was walk on. FOP says 65 min a bit ago.

Weather cleared up beautifully for tonight. Na'vi River was walk on. FOP says 65 min a bit ago.
wow - was hoping for much shorter time for FOP. I figured with such a smaller crowd, it would be low wait times. We will stand in line if we have to as we won't be back until later next year and we really want to try it. kind of hoping with the hurricane and everyone changing plans that the 13th will end up being a much smaller crowd. I can always hope :-)

so - were you able to get wristbands at the resorts? The detail sheet above does not mention that. Also, was the line to get in long and was there a line to get into the Avatar land, specific for the DVC guests for when the event?

wow - was hoping for much shorter time for FOP. I figured with such a smaller crowd, it would be low wait times. We will stand in line if we have to as we won't be back until later next year and we really want to try it. kind of hoping with the hurricane and everyone changing plans that the 13th will end up being a much smaller crowd. I can always hope :-)

so - were you able to get wristbands at the resorts? The detail sheet above does not mention that. Also, was the line to get in long and was there a line to get into the Avatar land, specific for the DVC guests for when the event?
Yes you could get wristbands at the resort. Any DVC resort.

Navi said 20 but it was a walk on so it's possible that FOP wasn't really quite that long. No line at all to get into Pandora and not crowded back there at all.

Longest lines for other things were for snacks, and I am not kidding. Ice cream had no lines but the other snack lines were crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!