ESTA home address change

BagOLaughs

Well I ain't evil, I'm just good looking
Hello,

Just booked a trip to USO in October! We went last year and so have a valid ESTA. Only thing is we've moved house since then!

Logged on to the ESTA website and you can only change destination address and email address.

Any body ever changed their home address?

Thanks in advance for any help!

YOu do not need to update your ESTA details, it isn't mandatory. Why would you need to update your home address?

well let me think... because it would be 100% easier to change my address now than be refused entry at the border or have a problem in the airport, worse case scenarios. As I've never moved while having an ESTA I don't know if it will be an issue or not. Hence why I wanted to ask this "friendly" community.

You will not be refused entry. As I said, there is no requirement to update the ESTA details.

Immigration don't care where your home is. The only thing they're concerned about is that you'll leave US soil when you're done visiting.

I emailed them a few weeks ago as my job changed and was told all information had to be accurate and up to date.

It's up to you if you want to risk it but for £10/$14 I'd rather update my information to have piece of mind.

Hello,

Just booked a trip to USO in October! We went last year and so have a valid ESTA. Only thing is we've moved house since then!

Logged on to the ESTA website and you can only change destination address and email address.

Any body ever changed their home address?

Thanks in advance for any help!

P.S I hope you'll be doing a report of this trip, we're going next October and I love reading trip from the time around that I'll be going (feels like forever away for my trip - boooo!) :)

Are you doing the MNSSHP while you're there?

I emailed them a few weeks ago as my job changed and was told all information had to be accurate and up to date.

Accurate and up to date at the time you submit your application

Update is not mandatory.

Let's make it simple : if they required that you kept the information up to date throughout the 2 years validity, they'd simply allow you to update your application. If that makes sense

It's up to you if you want to risk it but for £10/$14 I'd rather update my information to have piece of mind.

You do NOT have to update the ESTA application at all. As chmurf said, since it is valid for 2 years, if you had to keep ALL parts of it updated, they would allow you to update ALL parts of it

You do NOT have to update the ESTA application at all. As chmurf said, since it is valid for 2 years, if you had to keep ALL parts of it updated, they would allow you to update ALL parts of it

That is what I was told when they emailed me back so please don't shoot the messenger. I was letting the OP what I was told by the people who process the ESTA's, that was all.

Last edited:
That is what I was told when they emailed me back so please don't shoot the messenger. I was letting the OP what I was told by the people who process the ESTA's, that was all.

Not shooting anybody, just making sure that the information we give remains accurate. It was the phrase "up to you if you want to risk it" - it's not a risk, please don't insinuate that it is.

Just to provide the correct answer, straight from the horse's mouth, as such:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/de...e-electronic-system-for-travel-authorizatiion

To clarify, the VWP eligibility questions are the yes/no questions regarding whether you have a mental health condition, have been convicted, been involved in terrorism, etc.

It doesn't technically say whether you have to reapply or not if details change so sounds a little unclear. That was why I emailed them directly and got the reapnse that I did. Anyway, it's up to the original poster what they do.

Have a great holiday!

It doesn't technically say whether you have to reapply or not if details change so sounds a little unclear. That was why I emailed them directly and got the reapnse that I did. Anyway, it's up to the original poster what they do.

Have a great holiday!

To clarify, once again:

"Once you are approved, that approval is good for two years or until your passport expired, whichever comes first, and you do not have to apply again during that period unless one of the above mentioned things changes."

The above mentioned things being...

"If you obtain a new passport or change your name, gender or country of citizenship, you will be required to apply for a new travel authorization. This is also required if one of your answers to any of the VWP eligibility questions changes"

Have a great holiday yourself :)

P.S I hope you'll be doing a report of this trip, we're going next October and I love reading trip from the time around that I'll be going (feels like forever away for my trip - boooo!) :)

Are you doing the MNSSHP while you're there?

You're going to Orlando in October next year! That's so exciting. I already have a trip report from last year at the beginning of September. We did, all disney parks, USO, IOA all disney water parks and Haloween Horror Nighs too. It was a busy trip. The report is only half finished but I'll find the link and post it.

This year it's a last min, cheap as we can get it trip so doing Universal only and HHN for a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter