Epic Universe

MJJME

Mouseketeer
I have heard people say that the new Epic Universe will not hurt Disneys Orlando business overall but should help because it will bring more people to the area..........I'm not 100% sure I agree with that take...........

One thing for sure, Epic Universe looks AWESOME

Also, its going to take less time to build that entire new park than is took Disney to build a new planter in Epcot

Last edited:
I'm really excited for Epic Universe but to be honest I don't think Disney gives a crap about Epic at all. At least based off of the past couples of years and the lack of any concrete plans for expansion (and no, the potential Blue Sky ideas do not count).

I LOVE Disneyworld and we have gone every year for the last 5 years or so. However, we usually only do 3-4 days with maybe 1-2 day tickets. I love RunDisney weekends or a quick trip down for holiday decor. We haven’t been on a week long Disney trip with multi day park hoppers since maybe 2018? Thanksgiving week 2025 was finally going to be a week long trip to Disney with park hoppers. After seeing the Epic Universe update I think we are going to switch to 5 nights at Universal and maybe 2 at Disney.

I really don’t see how it won’t hurt WDW at all. I know some might say that people who never had interest in coming to FL for WDW or Universal might come now and stop over at WDW. I think for those people who come to Epic Universe, will instead check out Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios for the first time.

I'm not sure about hurting Disney's business, but there are families like mine that have a limited number of days we can spend in Orlando at a given time.

While my DH and I go to Orlando several times a year, we take all of our kids and do a big family trip just a couple times a year. Our youngest kids are finally tall enough for most of the rides at Uni. They're just now reading HP (they've seen all the movies many times) so they're getting interested in what the existing Uni parks have to offer (I/we have been taking our older child to Uni on separate trips). They're already into JP, but JP and HP aren't really big enough draws on their own for us to sacrifice days at WDW. However Nintendo alone probably is enough of a draw. Then combine the existing rides plus HTTYD, the HP expansion, and Uni Monsters and that's plenty to get us to take the whole family to Uni.

Once EU opens, I think we'll do split WDW and Uni stays for those big family trips instead of spend all our time in the Disney bubble like we usually do. That means we'll probably get 5 or 6 day Disney tickets for kids (adults are AP) instead of 8 or 9 day.

If I was Disney I'd start planning what they can add to the parks that need help, namely Animal Kingdom because I feel like that will be the one park people will skip to try out Epic Universe as it hasn't had anything new for a while.

Disney has a people problem and needs to get fewer people in the parks so they can get guest experience up. Epic helps that by siphoning off some of their excess making it more enjoyable for those that are there. If the parks are not overly crowded then experience is better and the more likely people will come back and spend more. It's a win/ win. Disney can get the relief it needs with out spending the money on a fifth gate.

I love both Universal and Disney. In the past, I have spent one day at Universal with a two-park park-hopper ticket. It now looks likely that I'll be spending two days at Universal. I have a limited amount of vacation time, so it means that I'll be spending one day less at Disney.

It will be interesting to see what the impact is on the guests who always visit both Universal and Disney.

While I would like to see new things at Disney, the presence of Epic Universe won't impact our Disney visits at all. We'll add more time to an existing vacation or make a separate trip to accommodate Epic, just like we did with the previous Universal expansions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter