EPCOT solo dining

stlfly

Earning My Ears
Any opinions on favorite table service restaurants for a solo diner? I've never done table service at EPCOT alone, but I really want to! The German buffet is my favorite but I feel like that could be weird to do alone. Anyone have any sage advice?

Biergarten does seat you with others, which could be good or bad depending on who you are seated with. I have never been there solo, but I have been seated with a solo traveler who I was more than happy to chat with. The other group at the table ignored my group and the solo, so if we hadn't been there it might have been boring for her. Honestly, though, the most they will do is ignore you, which at that point is the same as being at a table alone, which you would anywhere else. I would just go with whatever food appeals to you most and give no worries to being solo or not. If you are a bit self-conscious about it, Restaurant Marakesh in Morocco seems like it is less crowded, and there are dancers to watch, so that might be a good one.

Do you go out and eat solo at home? If not, you might want to do that a couple of times before you go to get comfortable with it then just book where you want. I go out solo at home and go to TS at WDW solo as well. I actually don't like group seating and buffets so the regular restaurants are better for me. I'm a bit of a loner when I get the chance to be solo since I don't get to be alone a lot at home. My honey works from home and I'm in the process of retiring so I don't get much alone time. As a matter of fact, he is at the moment sitting in front of his computer yattering on about some football stuff which I could care less about, I look up and smile every once in awhile so he thinks I'm listening. I have kindle downloaded on my phone and read and people watch.

Do you go out and eat solo at home? If not, you might want to do that a couple of times before you go to get comfortable with it then just book where you want. I go out solo at home and go to TS at WDW solo as well. I actually don't like group seating and buffets so the regular restaurants are better for me. I'm a bit of a loner when I get the chance to be solo since I don't get to be alone a lot at home. My honey works from home and I'm in the process of retiring so I don't get much alone time. As a matter of fact, he is at the moment sitting in front of his computer yattering on about some football stuff which I could care less about, I look up and smile every once in awhile so he thinks I'm listening. I have kindle downloaded on my phone and read and people watch.
I do a lot of stuff alone both at home and on vacation! I love it. It just so happens I've never done TS at Epcot by my lonesome. I usually have friends or family to meet up with there, but I have eaten alone at various places on Disney property and never had any problems.

Restaurant Marakesh in Morocco would be a good one to start solo. rose and crown would also be good solo. Theres entertainment at both.

I ate at Biergarten yesterday by myself. It was fine. It was my DWs favorite Epcot restaurant, so I wanted to go to honour her. Of course I like good German food myself, and can't get it at home. Eating there as a party of one was no problem at all. I recommend you go and have a blast.

My favorites are all due to the view while dining. At Coral Reef, I've always asked for and gotten a tank side table (be prepared to be joined by little ones who want to see the fish, and lots of apologetic parents-as a grandma, that's always fine with me); Chefs de France at lunchtime by the window if you like people watching; Rose and Crown (also at lunchtime) on the back deck where you can watch the boats going across the WS lagoon as you dine. When I dine solo, I love something to watch while I dine.

I haven't dined at Biergarten solo - but I have at other places. San Angel, Rose and Crown, La Hacienda, Marrakesh. Those were all fine. I probably would not do a character meal at Epcot solo given how the seating/food service works for the ones in Epcot - though I have done a character meal alone at Chef Mickey's and Tusker House and those turned out fine.

I think for Biergarten - if that's what you want - you just have to be prepared that you might be totally ignored by the other folks at the table. If that's okay with you - go for it. Or - you might make new friends and have a great time. It will really depend on who you are seated with. I think it just depends on your security as a solo diner.

For me, Epcot is the one park I am most likely to have twangs of wishing I had company - ESPECIALLY in the evening when there seems to be a lot of couples headed to nice dinners. That's when I miss my partner! So - I avoid TS in the evening at Epcot, but lunch is fine.

The scenery at Mexico is lovely - nice for you but also keeps other diners occupied as well. There are 2 person tables at 9 Dragons that are very comfortable if you like Chinese. I did some solo dining here and the staff was wonderful. Via Napoli is very tasty and has some great seating areas. Spice Road has some excellent views and the food is excellent too.

I ate at Tutto Italia solo a couple of years back, I did not find it uncomfortable at all. (and the food was great!)

I have Rose & Crown booked for my solo trip in December so I could get the Candlelight Processional package. I'm doing lunch, and I'm hoping that I can ask for a view of the water or something so it's not too bad being alone. :)

I went to Biergarten on my solo trip last June and it was a blast. I was at a table with a family who had been seated well before us and a group of three guys who were there to celebrate Gay Days. The family didn't even look our way, but the guys were super nice and we had a lot of fun during the meal.

If you feel uncomfortable you could always 'snack around the World', I've done that and just sit on one of the many benches overlooking the water or just sit and people watch while enjoying my snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter