Epcot or MGM??

EeyoreChelle

Earning My Ears
We are going to our first trip around the holidays and are sooo excited. We are not going to be able to work in both MGM and Epcot at night so we were wondering which one everyone would recommend more? We have been to both parks in the past and did not really care much for Epcot but we have never seen Illuminations or any of the holiday goodies that happen. We really love MGM and want to see The Osbourne lights. Wish we were going for a longer amount of time so we could catch everything but the other nights are all booked up..we couldnt possibly miss MVMCP :o) Thanks!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

it appears that you all are going early december. according to the disney site, MGM closes at 8:00 during the first part of the month. you could do both parks--osborne lights and then to epcot for illuminations. just something to consider.:tongue:

That is usually are game plan.

We go to Osbourne lights then just take the boat over to Epcot.

We usually get off at Swan and Dolphin and walk over to the Boardwalk and get a cup of coffee or cocoa and then over to Epcot.

It startes getting dark around 6:30-7 so you will have plenty of time.

Doug

This is what we planned. Now with the Osbourn lights, do those just come on at dark and you can just walk through and see them whenever you want to after that? Is that right?

Then I was hoping we could get over to Epcot for Illuminations after that.

Actually, after looking at the calendar on the Disney.com website for the night we will be there (Dec. 18th) it looks like Fantasmic is at 7:00 and Illuminations is at 9:30, so we might be able to see both shows!

Osbourne lights is just a walking experience. So its up to you on how long it takes. We take are time and enjoy it but still get through it withen a hour.

The light actually stay on all the time. (probably safter on the circuits or the bulbs)

Doug

I'm with DisneyQueen. If you absolutely cannot do both parks, then you must go to MGM and see Fanstasmic. It is the most fantastic thing I've ever seen and first timers really shouldn't miss it.

I agree that Osborne Lights and Fantasmic are not to miss though if you have little ones Fantasmic can be too loud and a little scary. Some people love Illuminations but I would probably only see it again if I could reserve a table at Rose & Crown or one of the other restaurants. We couldn't hear it very well and didn't get very good seats.

On the other hand, don't miss World Showcase during the Holidays. It is my favorite place in all of Disney World! You could easily tour World Showcase and then head over to MGM for the evening. Epcot's Future World has much to be desired, but World Showcase just gets better and better every time I go.

Lights are already going up at MGM as of last week.

Another option: Just go to the TTC, ride the monorail around Epcot (if you just want to see it at night, no walking, no illuminatios) and go for the MGM lights.

Just an option... and no ticket required for that view of Epcot...

I'm the oddball I guess, as I vote for EPCOT. I've never been to Disney during the holidays so I know nothing about the Osbourne Lights. I just know how much I enjoy walking through the countries and can only imagine how awesome that is during the holidays! ::yes::

You all are so wonderful! Thanks so much! I think we are going to try and do both. One more question about Illuminations...where are they held? Can you see them anywhere in the park or do you have to sit in an ampitheatre like you to do watch Fantasmic? Thanks again! ::MinnieMo

It's shown over the World Lagoon. We usually find a pretty good place to stand or sit on a wall near the UK area. You'll see folks start gathering a good while prior to the fireworks. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

It is out in the lake in the middle of Epcot, so you just have to find a spot somewhere around the lake. There are spots that have better views than others, but since we have only seen it once, I can't really tell you the "Good" spots (but hopefully someone else will--my family could use the tips too).

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter