Epcot Moonlight Magic vs. MK EMH?? (POLL)

Epcot Moonlight Magic or MK EMH??

• Epcot Moonlight Magic

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours 11p-1a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MickeyMinnieMom

If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
For those who have done an Epcot Moonlight Magic, which if these would you pick if you had it to do over again? The MK EMH will be from 11pm to 1am.

They are of course on the same night for an upcoming trip. :(

Thx for any opinions/reviews!

MM is free and with the change in DVC management, this could be the last year that it is offered.

:earsboy: Bill

Why do you say that? Anything specific that we know about the change?

We know that the last SVP came up with the membership magic and moonlight magic events/perks. We know the he and his boss have been replaced with different people. I know that often new presidents and senior vice presidents like to make change and to make DVC their own. We know that the SVP was the Vice President, New Vacation Operations & Disney Cruise Line Finance, and served as Treasurer for Disney Vacation Club Condominium Associations, Inc. With a finance person becoming in charge of the DVD/DVC, money will have a strong influence on what perks to keep and which to get rid of.

:earsboy: Bill

It depends on your priorities and schedule. I know EPCOT has EMH the previous night for a late night there. There is a separate fireworks at MM, and you can get free dinner and a Mickey bar if that is important. It also might depend upon where you are during the day. Also, World Showcase is closed during MM except for access to Mexico and Norway.

Last edited:

I do agree MM might disappear since each new manager has their own grand plan.

From a time stand point - MM a free event will start at 9ish and probably go until 100 - will include dinner, other snacks. You can get in to this event usually around 7pm, so you could essentially do both. Go to epcot for 7pm, do some rides, get your dinner and see whatever else there is. Then leave by 10:30 and go to MK. You probably don't want to plan anything for the next day if you are staying until 1pm.

If I had to choose one I would do the MM hands down. We attended at AK and it was so much fun and amazing to be in the park with so few people and with other fellow DVC members. Plus if you are into characters they often have special, usually never seen characters.

I haven’t done an Epcot MM (so I didn’t vote) but I have done one at MK as well as many EMH. I agree, MM would be my choice over EMH anytime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!