EPCOT Moonlight Magic - Have Fun!

chiisai

i am satisfied with my care
Have a fantastic time tonight if you're going! We'll be there at next month's event.

Epcot-Center-Orlando-Disney-Florida-1114606.jpg

Last edited:
Two on match, us too!

Enjoyed MK earlier this year & hope to snag MGM for Oct:wizard:

Some concerns both Epcot & MGM won’t have ‘enough to do’ to both occupy & dissipate the crowds vs MK but sure it will still be fun times.

Looking forward to reading some reviews!

Two on match, us too!

Enjoyed MK earlier this year & hope to snag MGM for Oct:wizard:

Some concerns both Epcot & MGM won’t have ‘enough to do’ to both occupy & dissipate the crowds vs MK but sure it will still be fun times.

Looking forward to reading some reviews!

Me too! I’m pretty excited; I think it will be fun!

I hope everyone has a great time. I had to cancel my BWV studio and MM ticket for tonight. So I'm really thinking of how much fun I'm missing! I keep checking for an opening for the August date but I'm not too hopeful. Party on, folks!

Anyone have info to share about last night? Headed to the August Epcot event and curious about characters etc :)

It was fun. Future World attractions were open as well as Frozen Ever After and Gran Fiesta Tour. Lines for Frozen were fairly long when we were in the area. At least 40 minutes. Test Track was about 45 minutes but it was having technical issues so that might have contributed.

Character lines were pretty steady most of the night. Sebastian was near the Seas, Kim Possible and Ron were where Duffy used to meet and greet. Mickey Mouse and Goofy were near Test Track in racing outfits. Elena of Avalor was near Mexico. Also available were Star Lord and Gamora, Baymax, Edna Mode and Mrs. Incredible, and Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf.

There were fireworks at 11:45. It was not my favorite. It wasn’t particularly well themed and not on the same level as the ones at MK. I feel like they missed an opportunity to at least use classic EPCOT attraction music.

Overall, it was fun and enjoyable. The meal vouchers were a much better option than the food at other MM events. (Only downside was each voucher had to be rung up individually, at least at Liberty Inn, and that slowed the lines down).

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience and what characters were there!

It was fun. Future World attractions were open as well as Frozen Ever After and Gran Fiesta Tour. Lines for Frozen were fairly long when we were in the area. At least 40 minutes. Test Track was about 45 minutes but it was having technical issues so that might have contributed.

Character lines were pretty steady most of the night. Sebastian was near the Seas, Kim Possible and Ron were where Duffy used to meet and greet. Mickey Mouse and Goofy were near Test Track in racing outfits. Elena of Avalor was near Mexico. Also available were Star Lord and Gamora, Baymax, Edna Mode and Mrs. Incredible, and Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf.

There were fireworks at 11:45. It was not my favorite. It wasn’t particularly well themed and not on the same level as the ones at MK. I feel like they missed an opportunity to at least use classic EPCOT attraction music.

Overall, it was fun and enjoyable. The meal vouchers were a much better option than the food at other MM events. (Only downside was each voucher had to be rung up individually, at least at Liberty Inn, and that slowed the lines down).

Were the lines bad for food? Thank you for your review. It sounds like the lines for most attractions were normal.

I'm curious about the food voucher. It includes an entree and a side. At Liberty Inn, entrees come with a side like french fries, and the only sides on the menu are fries and mac & cheese. If I get an entree with fries, I certainly don't want more fries or m&c. Similarly, at Sunshine Seasons, the only listed sides are soup. Can one get a dessert for their side?

Last edited:

Thank you for the review. What time frame did you head back to Frozen/GFT?

Lines for food seemed to be steady. Liberty Inn, Yorkshire Fish and Chips, and the Norway kiosk were only open until 9. Electric Umbrella and Sunshine were open the whole night. Only being able to process one voucher at a time slowed things down. Not sure if that was the case everywhere or just Liberty. We ate around 8:00.

The side of fries that came with the sandwich at Liberty was considered the side. It wasn’t an additional side. I don’t believe you could substitute a dessert but we didn’t ask.

Last edited:
Thank you for the review. What time frame did you head back to Frozen/GFT?

We rode Frozen during Illuminations with about a 15-20 minute wait. When we came out, the line stretched out the front of the pavilion and was easily 45 minutes. The manager was telling guests to come back later for shorter lines.

Wondering whether to do this or a MK EMH (11p-1a)... doesn't seem like there's enough to do in Epcot to spread out crowds, and if the fireworks and extras were't great...

For those who have done it, what would you do next time: Moonlight Magic Epcot or MK EMH?

Wondering whether to do this or a MK EMH (11p-1a)... doesn't seem like there's enough to do in Epcot to spread out crowds, and if the fireworks and extras were't great...

For those who have done it, what would you do next time: Moonlight Magic Epcot or MK EMH?

I’m not concerned re the FW @ Epcot if they will be anything at all like the special 4th of July ones :)

Unless you have reservations, it’s my understanding epcot event is sold out; may be a moot point

We really enjoyed the MK event. I am wondering if there will be enough to fill the night @ Epcot especially as to the characters they are trotting out, cannot compare to those offered @ MK IMO.

However, you can do a MK pm EMH during any trip, I’d try a new experience that happens to be ‘free’.

I am not sure which I would choose between those, mostly because crowds for MK EMH can be pretty hit or miss. I will say that we have done MM events at Disneyland, AK, and Epcot and the Epcot event was my least favorite. I think I would have enjoyed it more if we were into the character meet and greets, but we aren't. The lines for TT and Frozen were over 40 minutes each time we checked, which wasn't worth it to us, Soarin' wasn't bad at all but we don't like the new ride so it was a one and done. It was easy to do all of the smaller rides, but that's not exactly out of the norm for Epcot. We had dinner before the event and then were going to split the fish and chips, but the line at Yorkshire was just way too long. I loved the idea of the food vouchers though. I also liked that the Electric Umbrella had cups out by the soda machines so that you could very easily go and get self serve drinks throughout the night. The merchandise lines were long when the night started but we waited for only a couple minutes later on. The fireworks were OK, there was a lot of pyro but that's about it, there wasn't a story or anything to them that I could discern.

I just read in another thread that World Showcase is closed during MM except for access to Norway and Mexico -- I didn't realize that before -- that's a disappointment. We have this reserved for 8/15, and I'm really debating on whether to do it.

Any other recent experiences / review??

We will have already had dinner, so the food isn't a draw. 40+ min for Frozen and TT certainly isn't promising. Maybe a character like Edna might be of interest, but not sure about the others...

We had a 40 min wait for frozen and it broke down. We won't be doing Epcot MM again, not enough to do, too little time.

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
I just read in another thread that World Showcase is closed during MM except for access to Norway and Mexico -- I didn't realize that before -- that's a disappointment. We have this reserved for 8/15, and I'm really debating on whether to do it.

Any other recent experiences / review??

We will have already had dinner, so the food isn't a draw. 40+ min for Frozen and TT certainly isn't promising. Maybe a character like Edna might be of interest, but not sure about the others...
We saw a posted wait of FEA at 40 and waited maybe 25 at most. Walked on Soarin three times and TT was maybe 30. Fireworks were petty good. We didn’t wait for any characters except Mickey and Goofy because my daughter just didn’t want to. We were also disappointed that only Norway and Mexico were open but after being there it made sense to have most of WS closed. There just weren’t that many people there. It was fun and we would do it again, but I kind of wish we would have been there during a MK event just because of the number of rides available at MK. Can’t really complain as it was free and we had free dinner and free snacks. A rarity for us at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!