Epcot Area Resorts Boat Route and Bus Options Epcot to HS

quest4dl

DIS Veteran
What is the order of the route from IG to HS and HS to IG.

To get from Epcot to HS is it best to bus from Epcot to HS or bus from BC or BWI to HS? (is there even a bus from BWI to HS?). Trying to save steps primarily but also want some efficiency.

Thanks so much!

No buses between the Epcot resorts and Epcot. No buses between the Epcot area resorts and DHS.o

Boat: IG > BW > BC/YC > Swan/Dolphin > DHS > Swan/Dolphin > BC/YC > BW >IG.

Boat or walk between IG and DHS. Bus between Future World and DHS.

No buses between the Epcot resorts and Epcot. No buses between the Epcot area resorts and DHS.o

Boat: IG > BW > BC/YC > Swan/Dolphin > DHS > Swan/Dolphin > BC/YC > BW >IG.

Boat or walk between IG and DHS. Bus between Future World and DHS.
Typical one-way boat trip between IG and DHS is 30 minutes or so. Last week when we were there, there were at least 4 boats running most of the time, so the maximum wait time was 15 minutes. The longest we waited for a boat was actually 12 minutes.

Thank you - all very helpful!

One more question. I am staying at BWI. How close is the boat stop at Swan/Dolphin to BWI? Worth getting off there and walking? I'm think I would save at least half my steps getting to Swan/Dolphin at least.

There is a bus between Epcot & DHS, but not to any of the Epcot resorts from either Epcot tor DHS.

Thank you - all very helpful!

One more question. I am staying at BWI. How close is the boat stop at Swan/Dolphin to BWI? Worth getting off there and walking? I'm think I would save at least half my steps getting to Swan/Dolphin at least.
Yes, definitely worthwhile if you want to save some time. It’s a pretty short walk, perhaps a quarter-mile or less from S/D boat dock to BW boat dock. Staying on the boat takes you over to the dock at the Yacht and Beach Clubs before going to the BW, adding 10 minutes or more to the travel time when you account for the time waiting to load at the S/D and to both load and unload at Y/B before finally heading to the BW. Many tomes, the fIrst mate on the boat (who usually makes the announcements while the captain manages the boat) will actually mention this as an option for those heading from DHS to the BW.

There is a bus between Epcot & DHS, but not to any of the Epcot resorts from either Epcot tor DHS.
And that bus can be an option if you want to get somewhere in the Future World section of Epcot or if you are in Future World and want to head to DHS, since taking the boat requires going to the International Gateway at Epcot and doing a 30 minute boat ride. It’s been a long time since I did this and I noted last week that the bus loading area at DHS was somewhat disrupted by the construction for the Skyway, so I don’t know how far you need to walk for the bus at DHS. When I last took the park-to-park bus from DHS to Epcot a couple of years ago, the bus dropped us off as close to the Epcot entrance as possible, but there was still some walking at that end to get to the Epcot entrance. Since we usually stay at BWV and I almost always use the IG entrance at Epcot, I think both the bus stops and the monorail station are a bit of a hike from the entrance.

And that bus can be an option if you want to get somewhere in the Future World section of Epcot or if you are in Future World and want to head to DHS, since taking the boat requires going to the International Gateway at Epcot and doing a 30 minute boat ride. It’s been a long time since I did this and I noted last week that the bus loading area at DHS was somewhat disrupted by the construction for the Skyway, so I don’t know how far you need to walk for the bus at DHS. When I last took the park-to-park bus from DHS to Epcot a couple of years ago, the bus dropped us off as close to the Epcot entrance as possible, but there was still some walking at that end to get to the Epcot entrance. Since we usually stay at BWV and I almost always use the IG entrance at Epcot, I think both the bus stops and the monorail station are a bit of a hike from the entrance.
Thank you! That's very helpful to know! I will hopefully get my additional FP+ early enough that I can end again at World Showcase. And if I'm just too tired I will have to give the Star Wars Galactic show a miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter