Entertainment Book for Oahu...

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
While on your trip to Aulani, has anyone ordered an Entertainment Book for your stay?
We use ours here at home/ was thinking about it for our trip to Aulani. If so, does it help with costs?

Thank you

Robin & Angel "D"

I live here, but I've purchased from a neighbor's kid selling them at school. I found it useless.

I agree, we bought it once years ago and even then it was lame and offered very restricted discounts.

In looking at the website, in the list of places that had coupons, nothing interested me.

In looking at the website, in the list of places that had coupons, nothing interested me.
We were considering the Entertainment Book too, but after reading these posts are now reconsidering. What about the Go Oahu card? Does anyone recommend it?

The Go Oahu card can save people money, if they use it enough. Add up the out of pocket cost for the items that you want to do and see if it's more then the price of the card.

Years ago we did the SoCal City Pass (very similar to this) and we saved a bunch of money. On our upcoming trip to Aulani we probably won't be getting the Go Oahu card, as we're not interested in that many of the items in the card.

While on your trip to Aulani, has anyone ordered an Entertainment Book for your stay?
We use ours here at home/ was thinking about it for our trip to Aulani. If so, does it help with costs?

Thank you

Robin & Angel "D"
Thanks for starting this thread Robin. I'll be interested in the results for our next visit.

Thanks for starting this thread Robin. I'll be interested in the results for our next visit.

Thanks Jeff,

we are always looking to safe on any vacation.
Plus when I lived there, and when we were there in 2012 with DCL, still expensive!
planning in 2019 for 3 weeks/ and 5 days at DL

Robin & Angel

We used both the Entertainment book and the Go Oahu card on our first trip. The entertainment book made sense for us because we (6 of us) went to the paradise cove luau – the Aulani luau was indoors during that time because they were redoing the lawn. I got the Go Oahu card because we were already planning to do the dolphin experience that is included as well as visit Pearl Harbor, Diamond head, Dole Plantation, etc. we definitely got our money’s worth for both! Didn’t use any coupons in the Entertainment Book except for the Paradise Cove, however. I agree, price out what you plan to do and then compare. We don’t plan to buy either for our upcoming trip, since we did all of the things we are interested in that made it worthwhile already.

Our trip isn’t until June and I know Entertainment Book continually drops the price as the year passes. I’m thinking of picking one up in April for hopefully $10 or less to have “just in case.”

We picked up the Entertainment book for our upcoming trip - we used one 4 years ago for Paradise Cove and a snorkel tour and more than made up for the cost of the book.

This time we're doing Paradise Cove only - but also going to 2 other islands. Between that coupon and the national retailer coupons we can use anywhere, it's worth the cost. We got it during their New Year's sale, and picked up that and our local book for the original price of one book.

We picked up the Entertainment book for our upcoming trip - we used one 4 years ago for Paradise Cove and a snorkel tour and more than made up for the cost of the book.

This time we're doing Paradise Cove only - but also going to 2 other islands. Between that coupon and the national retailer coupons we can use anywhere, it's worth the cost. We got it during their New Year's sale, and picked up that and our local book for the original price of one book.
Would love to see a post with details of your other two island plans. Never too early to plan my return :) I'm thinking Maui and Kauai next trip.

Would love to see a post with details of your other two island plans. Never too early to plan my return :) I'm thinking Maui and Kauai next trip.

We did Oahu and Hawai'i last trip, and this trip we're adding Maui. We for sure don't have enough days on Hawai'i or Maui - too much to do! We haven't scheduled the entire itinerary yet, but here are the main things on the plan for each island:

Hawai'i: Summit tour of Mauna Kea, Hilo/Rainbow Falls, Hawaii Botanical Gardens, Volcano National Park
Maui: Sunrise on Haleakala, Road to Hana, Molokini snorkeling tour

With any luck, we'll find some coupons in the book we can use for meals or for entry to other attractions on these islands or Oahu.

Last edited:
I bought one for our first Aulani trip, I won't ever bother buying it again. In my opinion, not worth it.

We did Oahu and Hawai'i last trip, and this trip we're adding Maui. We for sure don't have enough days on Hawai'i or Maui - too much to do! We haven't scheduled the entire itinerary yet, but here are the main things on the plan for each island:

Hawai'i: Summit tour of Mauna Kea, Hilo/Rainbow Falls, Hawaii Botanical Gardens, Volcano National Park
Maui: Sunrise on Haleakala, Road to Hana, Molokini snorkeling tour

With any luck, we'll find some coupons in the book we can use for meals or for entry to other attractions on these islands or Oahu.
We did Haleakala but not for sunrise. Believe them when they say it's cold!! The little visitor centers are super tiny, so other than the amazing g views, it won't take long to see, so don't sweat planning other things that day. The drive is also easy; very good road. Hana was brutal for us but cool to do once. My favorite beaches were at the farthest point from where we left (Kahului); wish we could've spent more time there. Don't miss Koki Beach (pics don't do it justice) but make sure to heed the warnings if you get in the water. Molokini is my #1 for next time!

VNP was awesome! I'd figure out a way to see it at dusk if I went again, and do a boat tour!! Rainbow Falls was pretty but it's a tiny little park (don't miss both sides of it--there's a big banyan tree "above" the falls), so it won't take long either.

We did Haleakala but not for sunrise. Believe them when they say it's cold!! The little visitor centers are super tiny, so other than the amazing g views, it won't take long to see, so don't sweat planning other things that day. The drive is also easy; very good road. Hana was brutal for us but cool to do once. My favorite beaches were at the farthest point from where we left (Kahului); wish we could've spent more time there. Don't miss Koki Beach (pics don't do it justice) but make sure to heed the warnings if you get in the water. Molokini is my #1 for next time!

This is our first trip to Maui, so we're looking forward to it. I've seen reports of both black and red sand beaches near Hana, so I'm hoping to see those - we went to Punalu'u on Hawai'i last time, but it doesn't look like we'll have time for that in our itinerary this time around. I'll have to check out Koki Beach!

VNP was awesome! I'd figure out a way to see it at dusk if I went again, and do a boat tour!! Rainbow Falls was pretty but it's a tiny little park (don't miss both sides of it--there's a big banyan tree "above" the falls), so it won't take long either.

We've actuall done both before - VNP at dusk/early evening was amazing! I have some cool photos of the lava glow from the Jagger Museum. We haven't done a boat tour, but from what I see there's no lava hitting the ocean at the moment, so there's really not much to see.

My daughter loved Rainbow Falls - specifically for the banyan tree! That's pretty much the only reason she wants to go back! :rotfl2:

I've seen reports of both black and red sand beaches near Hana
Yes, Koki is a red beach--well, red and some white. Hamoa is very close and is beautiful and white (golden, not Gulf of Mexico sugar white).

What was brutal about Hana? We're planning to do it too
It's just a very long day. Very slow driving obviously, plus all the stops take some maneuvering to find parking spots. We also didn't find all this amazing food you hear about--the little stands don't necessarily have seating or any running water for hand washing. Take wipes!! Encountered some of the nastiest public restrooms in all of Hawaii (in our limited travels) in that area too. See above LOL. When you make a stop and do some exploring--hiking, swimming, etc--you don't exactly have relaxing time in the car in between.

I just say start rested, start early, pack food and drinks (plus wipes and bug spray), and just go with the flow and you'll enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!