enough already............

So if not Pixar then how do people feel about Indiana Jones or Star Tours. IJ came to the parks in the mid 90s. Add to that there were the power rangers and ninja turtles as well. People don't think of Disney when they think of those two but ask any 30-40 year old Disney fan who went as a kid and they probably have fond memories of meeting those at DHS as a kid.
Power Ranger and Ninja Turtles had no footprint at all in my opinion. i never ever saw the turtles and the others only once when we were going to LMA.

So if not Pixar then how do people feel about Indiana Jones or Star Tours. IJ came to the parks in the mid 90s. Add to that there were the power rangers and ninja turtles as well. People don't think of Disney when they think of those two but ask any 30-40 year old Disney fan who went as a kid and they probably have fond memories of meeting those at DHS as a kid.
Disney-MGM Studios, by it's very name, implied that it would involve more than just Disney content. Disney didn't own MGM. From the day the park opened in 1989, it featured non-Disney stuff. Just look at The Great Movie Ride. Other than Mary Poppins and Fantasia, the rest of the ride was non-Disney. Having other non-Disney properties represented there seemed to fit the theme just fine.

Disney-MGM Studios, by it's very name, implied that it would involve more than just Disney content. Disney didn't own MGM. From the day the park opened in 1989, it featured non-Disney stuff. Just look at The Great Movie Ride. Other than Mary Poppins and Fantasia, the rest of the ride was non-Disney. Having other non-Disney properties represented there seemed to fit the theme just fine.

That works. I think since we don't really see "non-Disney" stuff in MK I'll be okay with the current changes. What you just pointed out is why Star Wars in going in DHS and has been kept to there for the most part. The only one so far that was a little huh originally was Pandora but I had never watched it all the way through until recently. Having been tho the park as well I can see they did a very good job of fitting it into the theme of DAK it gives me hope that the other kind of huh changes will fit as well.

That works. I think since we don't really see "non-Disney" stuff in MK I'll be okay with the current changes.
You mean like Snow White, Peter pan, Pinocchio .. none are Disney original. Who are you to decide what deserves to be in WDW? Just enjoy the parts you like and leave the rest for other people.

Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel are just as Disney as Mickey Mouse. They are part of the company. And what the heck is the difference, as long as it's a fun attraction?

You mean like Snow White, Peter pan, Pinocchio .. none are Disney original. Who are you to decide what deserves to be in WDW? Just enjoy the parts you like and leave the rest for other people.

Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel are just as Disney as Mickey Mouse. They are part of the company. And what the heck is the difference, as long as it's a fun attraction?

True true. Even if it is in MK i really don't care as long as it is good.

if i had it to write over again i would have said "fanboy heaven" of course i guess i have just offended another perceived "group"
Um, you're the one who singled them out as a group. And in case you haven't heard, there are plenty of fangirls, too. Why just offend one sex when you can offend everyone?

D3yGVq4.jpg

Preach!!! :mic: @NeuroCindy

I am a geeky nerd and proud!!

Me TOO. I love Star Wars and Marvel. Keep in mind that I also love LOVE Epcot. Give me more of merch for all three. I also remember during the 90's I got most of my Star Wars merch from Disney

Mos Eisley Cantina Barware- Disney
My other vehicle is an X-Wing Bumber Sticker-Disney
Star Wars posters-Disney

And that was before the company owned Star Wars. Everyone likes different things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter