enough already............

dalt01

DIS Veteran
used to be that disney was anchored by a Mouse, a dog that talked, a dog that didnt (never figured that one out) a girl mouse and a duck with a speech impediment...........now its slowly being overrun by creatures from the black......hole. what up with the talking (sorta) tree. i like Star Wars and Marvel (good thing they dont have exclusivity there) as much as the next guy but it wont be long till your fave park will just be geek heaven. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter's reach and impact is far reaching. we gotta keep up after all. Now i am seeing that Marketplace Fun Finds is being Star Wars reborn, as if we wont have plenty of places to scarf up the loot when the new area opens. Dont think for one moment that the Marvel thing wont expand. it will go as far as every loophole in the pre existing Marvel/Universal lease will stretch. Disney owns the IP but is bound by the baggage. Disney is aware that some people feel this way, why do you think all of the sudden we are getting a Mickey-centric ride right in the middle of DHS? It's a PH balance just like Toy Story Land............I AM GROOT.....shut up tree, ya got a good partner and the force is definitely with them.

p29025_p_v8_al.jpg

I am not a Star Wars fan AT ALL. However, I recognize that it is a big franchise and expect to see a presence in the parks. What really bothers me is the amount of SW merchandise that has been coming out which is honestly ad nauseam at this point; DHS became saturated with "SW experiences" as well. Granted, people felt that way about Frozen, and I ate it all up because it's one of my favorites. I'm hoping that there will be a balance once the new land has been created.

I've said for a while now that just because Disney bought Lucasfilm didn't suddenly make Darth Vader a Disney character. I understand it's all part of the Disney universe now but I still think of them as separate companies. I won't go see Iron Man or Captain America and think, "I'm going to a Disney movie" because they are not Disney movies. Disney just happens to own Marvel, the company that produces them.

I'm fine with them having a presence in the parks but I also want there to be new Disney stuff, too. That's why I was excited about all of the D23 announcements. We're getting a number of things that ARE Disney: Ratatouille, Tron, Mickey Mouse, the Mission:Space restaurant, etc.

I am so happy Disney is expanding Marvel and Star Wars, two franchises that I love - Also love the fact we getting the Mickey ride as I do love the Mouse :mickeyjum

I just think back to the furor over Pandora, while that was being built (I confess was a bit unsure myself) but now it's open it's getting rave reviews; making me super excited to see it :thumbsup2

I have a feeling that's what it's going to be like with all the new stuff,:darth: people having a bit of uncertainly beforehand then Bam! it opens and it's Amazing!:chewy:

1 ride in EPCOT
0 rides in MK
0 rides in AK
1 ride (will be 3), launch bay, jedi training, and 1 marvel meet and greet in DHS.

I just don't see how the parks are being overrun. Am I missing something? I can kind of see how you make that argument about DHS, though I don't necessarily agree.

As for the dig about the parks being "geek heaven": 1) There's nothing wrong with being a geek or nerd. You're literally on a forum upset about Disney, don't you think that gives you the same passion for Disney as someone else might have for HP/LotR/SW/ST/DW/etc? They're just different focuses. Some people get passionate about sports, I don't see their fandom being criticized or labeled. 2) "Geeks" have money that they spend on their fandom. Disney wants that money.

The marketplace fun finds thing is a moot point to me. They've already said the merchandise will be available in other locations at disney springs.

1 ride in EPCOT
0 rides in MK
0 rides in AK
1 ride (will be 3), launch bay, jedi training, and 1 marvel meet and greet in DHS.

I just don't see how the parks are being overrun. Am I missing something? I can kind of see how you make that argument about DHS, though I don't necessarily agree.

As for the dig about the parks being "geek heaven": 1) There's nothing wrong with being a geek or nerd. You're literally on a forum upset about Disney, don't you think that gives you the same passion for Disney as someone else might have for HP/LotR/SW/ST/DW/etc? They're just different focuses. Some people get passionate about sports, I don't see their fandom being criticized or labeled. 2) "Geeks" have money that they spend on their fandom. Disney wants that money.

The marketplace fun finds thing is a moot point to me. They've already said the merchandise will be available in other locations at disney springs.
if i had it to write over again i would have said "fanboy heaven" of course i guess i have just offended another perceived "group"........ either way i was not criticizing anyone, just mentioning those who would most likely be pleased.....also it may be worth noting that i am a huge geek, freak, fanboy, nerd, whatever. we recently returned from our 25 trip to WDW.....as far as overrun, it can be digital as well as physical.

1 ride in EPCOT
0 rides in MK
0 rides in AK

The merchandise, signage, character experiences, etc. have saturated the parks. It doesn't have to just be attractions.

if i had it to write over again i would have said "fanboy heaven" of course i guess i have just offended another perceived "group"........ either way i was not criticizing anyone, just mentioning those who would most likely be pleased.....also it may be worth noting that i am a huge geek, freak, fanboy, nerd, whatever. we recently returned from our 25 trip to WDW.....as far as overrun, it can be digital as well as physical.
Meh ... comic book fans have taken worse abuse that you'll ever muster

People like what they like. Why that's an issue for anybody I have no clue.

I couldn't understand most of the ramblings from the OP but I find it fascinating that people are always 100% okay with Pixar and consider it Disney but forget the same similarity that Pixar was its own company and the only reason Disney bought Pixar was because they were their only real direct competitor in the animation department and was actually beating them in computer animation. That only happened 11 years ago now so not that long ago in the grand scheme of Disney but people will fight that Pixar is Disney when Toy Story (1&2), Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, the Incredibles, A Bug's Life, Cars (it was released after sale but made pre-sale) all are from Pixar before Disney owned it. I would say even Ratatouille was probably mostly a Pixar movie on its own based on normal computer animation times since it was released barely a year after the sale date.

Edit to add I know Disney distributed them but that doesn't mean Pixar was Disney before they were officially bought.

WDW has a vast history of featuring animation in the parks and the transition with Pixar fits that mold. Whereas, Marvel and Lucas Films are mostly live action.

Can't wait for everything to come. Star Wars and toy story land will be awesome.

Hollywood studious already my fav park and now will be incredible.
In June when we saw kylo chewy and bb8,me and my 3 daughters and wife had the best time. 3 of the best character interactions all trip.

WDW has a vast history of featuring animation in the parks and the transition with Pixar fits that mold. Whereas, Marvel and Lucas Films are mostly live action.

Indiana Jones is probably one of the best rides of any US park and it is live action. Star Tours has been around for awhile now. The parks haven't been animation only for a while. Heck for the early history it was stuff based on nothing but an idea or history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter