Emma and Will's Disney Wedding Very Early planning Help Required

WillnEm261112

Earning My Ears
Hello

I'm currently trying to get an idea of how much I can expect to pay out for a disney wedding as both me and my better half would love nothing more than to tie the knot at Disney World. We've both looked at the website and although we've run rough prices we can't honestly say we've got a solid idea how much it is likely to cost.

The basics for the wedding are a monday wedding with both the reception and the ceremony being conducted at the boardwalk. We would be staying away from Disney except for the obligatory nights (parents own property out there) and there will be somewhere between 20 and 40 guests.

I know that Disney provide a wedding planner etc, but I was hoping someone on these boards could give us figures for our rough idea or even their weddings.

I've estimated that I should be able to save about £7,000 ($10,500) between now and then, which will equate to more if Gbp-USD gets better (fingers crossed). This has to cover flights spending money and other expenses though. I am willing to take out up to £5,000 ($7,500) in a loan however. So eventual max is roughly £12,000 ($18,000). Will I really need this much? will I need more?

Your help would be much appreciated on this matter

Thanks

Will

Hi from another Brit
I am having a vow renewal on (hopefully) 4th May 2011 at SeaBreeze Point at the Boardwalk.

I will tell you what I understand of the cost of Disney weddings from my digging around.
For a small wedding, they offer the Escape package which for a Monday wedding would be $4750.00 at SBP ($5750.00 for the Wedding Pavilion). This includes:-
Your venue
Services of a wedding planner (including 2 half hour phone calls for planning)
Your choice of standard 2 tier Escape cakes
Bouquet for the bride and boutonniere for the groom
Four hour limousine charter
One bottle of champagne or two bottles of sparkling cider for toasts
Disney photographer for two hours (including 20 4x6 pints of your choice in an album and a spiral-bound book of all the other proofs)
Volinist for the ceremony and cake/champagne reception
An annual pass each for WDW for the bride and groom.

This package only allows for 18 guests, however I understand you can add 5 guests for ann extra $500.00.

If you require a reception (this package only has a half hour cake/champagne reception), you have to either book a meal at a restaurant or arrange a private dining reception through your planner. Now, however, if you do any private dining event (including the ever popular dessert party) you have to spend a minimum of $7500.00 on your Escape wedding. This minimum also applies to any Escape wedding at the week-end. You already know that the happy couple need to stay at WDW property for at least 4 nights.
If you want any upgrades (extra floral, ceremony decor, petals for tossing, cake upgrades etc) these are extra but would count towards the minimum if you have to meet that.

If you are going to have 40 guests, you will really have to have a Wishes wedding which at the moment carries a minimal expenditure, for a Monday wedding, of $10,000.00. This is excluding all tax and service charges. With this wedding, there is no included package and you choose and pay for all the elements seperately. Also, there are seperate per person food and beverage minimums which need to be met (which vary according to you reception venue). You need to meet a room requirement of 25 nights for a Wishes wedding (although I believe this is negotiable).

There are lots of other things that apply and the best way to find out what is best for you and what you can and can't do at Disney, is to lurk around these boards and ask lots of questions!!! Everybody is very helpful and willing to help each other out!! I also really recomend Carrie's book (which is downloadable) which is called 'Passporters Disney Weddings and Honeymoons'. Here is the link to the book, it is brilliant http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp
If I can help in any other way please ask. You can also PM me if you like!!
Hope this is of some help to you
Much love
Joanne

Thanks Joanne that info confirmed a few things I had found on the website, but also some things I hadn't. I didn't realise there was a minimum number of hotel nights required, must have missed that one. I'll keep posting as things progress further and I'll make sure to ask plenty of questions on other threads and I'll make sure to drop you a message when things crop up.

Emma and I were looking at a wishes wedding, as providing we get the number of guests willing to travel that we think we will, a reception would be nice to thank everyone for making the trip. Emma is a bit of a Disney nut so it'd be nice to be able to create the perfect day for her, I'm just hoping my bank balance can take it lol.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Will

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter