Emily & Adriel - March 10, 2014 - Wedding Pavilion/ADH - 12/1 99 days left!

er3465

Allo
Since we are six months out today, I figured I should make my own planning journal. I have loved reading everyone's over the years and I cannot believe I get to have my own Disney Wedding! I must confess I have been reading the boards long before I ever even had a boyfriend lol!

About Us
I met Adriel our first quarter of nursing school in the Spring of 2010. He was very quiet but my girlfriend and I got him to open up and he become part of our circle of friends/study buddies. Over the summer we texted and made plans to hang out towards the end of the summer. When we went back to school in the fall we were in a few of the same classes, and were hanging out more outside of class. One September night he asked me if I wanted to go to meet some of his friends that live about an hour away. That night after a few adult beverages I admitted that I liked him, and we have been together ever since. That was the night of September 17th so we consider that our anniversary even though our first official date was not until a few days later.

6672297395_831360cc5d.jpg

Times Square January 2011

Our Engagement
We got engaged March 4, 2013, my 27th birthday. We had planned on going to dinner with my parents and his parents, the first time they would really get a chance to know each other. They had met at our graduation from nursing school but it was just a quick meet. This was making me nervous so I was already feeling somewhat stressed that night. When we got to the restaurant and were seated he told me he wanted to give me my birthday right then. He gave me a present and on the inside was a package of gum. It's an inside joke that I always have gum for him in my purse. I was getting a little suspicious because he was standing next to me and I kept telling him to sit down. He told me to pull out the gum package, and it was tied to a white ribbon with a Tiffany's box lid at the end. At that point he proceeded to get down on one knee. I started to cry as he said all sorts of sweet things and asked me to be his wife. As I was saying yes my best friend and his best friend walked in to join in on the celebration. He did such a great job on the proposal and ring. He even asked my parents the week before, and they really enjoyed that. The proposal was a complete surprise!

9717379061_90f9cb4353_b.jpg

The proposal/ring!!

Congratulations and welcome!!

Only 6 months left and you're just starting a PJ....you know there's lots to cover here then! LOL We want to see it all!!

Your story is so sweet and your proposal seemed like it was perfect for the two of you. I was also so excited to have my family present because it meant I could run to my mom lol. Can't wait to read more plans :)

Congratulations and welcome!!

Only 6 months left and you're just starting a PJ....you know there's lots to cover here then! LOL We want to see it all!!

Thanks for joining in! Wow you are so close to your wedding congrats!!

Your story is so sweet and your proposal seemed like it was perfect for the two of you. I was also so excited to have my family present because it meant I could run to my mom lol. Can't wait to read more plans :)

Thank you :)

Like most of you ladies I get the question, why are you getting married at Disney World? To start my fiance and I are not originally from Ohio where we live currently. We had no intention of getting married here. I have always loved Disney. My family and I went several times when I was little and in college I did the Disney College Program, so for me it was a no brainier. I have wanted to get married at Disney for as long as I can remember. My fiance had not been to Disney in several years, our first trip together was in May 2011. Other than him being hot, we had a really great time. When it came time to choose where to get married, we did not have a hard time picking Disney.

So after picking where to get married we had to pick when. We did not want a long engagement so right away we called Disney. Since we were not planning 16 months in advance our choices were a little limited, more so on the days than the places. I originally wanted the reception in the Great Movie Ride, but the price was quite high. While my dad was ok with the price he did not like that it had to take place after the parks close as it would be rather late at night. My wedding consultant suggested Atlantic Dance Hall and after thinking about it we thought it sounded perfect. We are kind of going with an Art-Deco theme, so ADH is perfect for that. Then we had the choice of Monday March 10th and Monday March 17th. My mom was not keen on St. Patrick's day, and the week of the 10th is my FSIL's spring break, so we went with the 10th. The only request that my fiance has had all along is for it to be a night time reception so our ceremony will be at 5pm in the Wedding Pavilion followed by the reception in Atlantic Dance!

My mom and I went dress shopping in the beginning of May. It was somewhat overwhelming as I did not know what style I wanted. We went to Alfred Angelo, I tried on a few of the Disney dresses, but none really seemed right. My mom and I went to another local bridal store and I tried on a bunch more and narrowed it down to two that I liked. One was a lace fit and flare and the other a tulle fit and flare. So I took my mom and my future mother and sister in law to come look at dresses with me at a third store. I tried on probably a dozen more and narrowed it down to the same two from the other store. The lace dress was pretty but it made me look older than I would like. I tried on the other dress again and this time they put me in a veil and I picked out a belt to put on with it. I loved the dress with the belt, the only problem was that the belt was almost as expensive as the dress. We ordered the dress that day, and I started looking for alternative belts. I looked for two months and never found a belt that compared, and I finally ordered it!

The dress is Mori Lee 5108
theone.jpg

dress.jpg

And a close up of my belt
belt.jpg

I cannot wait to try it on again, it is supposed to come in October!!

On a side note, today is our three year dating anniversary!!

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Your dress looks GREAT on you! So pretty. I think the belt really makes the look, you're right about that!

Can't wait to hear more...

Brooke

Hello! :wave2: I'm following along! Hooray for CP Alums! (I did FA 2011, stayed on seasonal through June 2013 - stupid yearly rules).

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress! It's the perfect mix of fitted and flare-y! Love!

Happy date-aversary! Ours is next week (three years as well!)

Hope you had a lovely anniversary! I love the dress!!! Your belt is beautiful too! It looks like it was just made for you!

I can totally relate to Disney not being a difficult choice. DF has never been to WDW, but we went to DisneyLand a couple of years ago and had SO much fun! I can't imagine getting married anywhere else in the world!

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Your dress looks GREAT on you! So pretty. I think the belt really makes the look, you're right about that!

Can't wait to hear more...

Brooke

Thanks for following along! I want my dress now so I can try it on again lol!

That belt is fabulous! Gives the dress a whole new look, and you look pretty fantastic :)

Thank you! I really could not find another belt like it!

Hello! :wave2: I'm following along! Hooray for CP Alums! (I did FA 2011, stayed on seasonal through June 2013 - stupid yearly rules).

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress! It's the perfect mix of fitted and flare-y! Love!

Happy date-aversary! Ours is next week (three years as well!)

Thank you, Happy date-aversary to you too! Yay another CP alum!!

Hope you had a lovely anniversary! I love the dress!!! Your belt is beautiful too! It looks like it was just made for you!

I can totally relate to Disney not being a difficult choice. DF has never been to WDW, but we went to DisneyLand a couple of years ago and had SO much fun! I can't imagine getting married anywhere else in the world!

We did have a lovely anniversary, we went to a local french restaurant and had a fabulous time!!

Our planning session is quickly approaching, we are having it Friday October 11th! I have to send in the planning kit and the tasting check list in by this Friday. We are doing a dinner buffet, and there are various things that I like from the preset menus so I think we are going to mix and match things. How does this list sound of things to try:
Pan-Fried Chicken Dumpling
Poached Granny Smith Apple and Brie Quesadillas w/ Caramelized Onion Chutney
Brown Derby Cobb Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Oven-roasted Baked Chicken Stuffed with Prosciutto, spinach, and Fontina cheese
Three Peppercorn and Whole grain mustard-rubbed beef strip loin
Pan seared crab cakes with spicy remoulade
Grown up macaroni and cheese with lobster meat salad
Funnel Cake Bread pudding

Anything I need to try that you ladies have had and suggest or does this list sound good? It was hard to narrow it down to eight items lol!

Our planning session went well! I need to write something up about it, but in the mean time I was able to pick up our invitations yesterday! I am so happy how they turned out! I need to get the addresses printed and then they will be good to go!

10501927196_9eb5b2ba5a_c.jpg

I said this on the FB group, but I LOVE your invites! They totally invoke the feeling of ADH and are simply without being stuffy. Adore!

Today marks 99 days! Where has the time gone. I feel like I have so much left to do. I definitely need to figure out who we want for hair and makeup soon and start the booking process. I need to get shoes so I can get me dress altered with them on and I need to get all my accessories.

We got our first draft of our beo about two weeks ago. It was a litter higher than we expected, but nothing too terrible. We are going to Disney at the beginning of January and are going to meet with our planner then too!

I never mentioned who we are having for photography, the amazing Roots! We would have had them for our photographers regardless of where we were getting married, so we were excited that they were available for the big day! I did not think that we would have time to get engagement pictures done, but with the last minute trip to FL in January I emailed them to see if there was a chance they would be there, and they are! I am so excited! Any suggestions as to which hotel to do the photos?

Pick a hotel that's special to you guys! I actually think most of the hotels have some interesting places to take photos. Congrats on getting the Roots! They're SO amazing!

Hooray for double digit days!

YAY ROOTS!!! We also booked them for our wedding, as I felt similarly - we were going to have the Roots whether we had a Disney wedding or not. I needed them and I'm glad you feel the same way!

I've seen gorgeous E-Pics done at almost every resort on property, so I say pick somewhere that means something to you - you could get some fun ones at the values! The mods also seems to have really lush landscaping and different backdrops all in one place to shake it up. Can't wait to see!

Congratulations and so excited for you! :) What is a BEO?

And I am SO jealous that you're using the Roots! My fiance and I REALLY wanted to....but pricing wise, it just doesn't work out. It WOULD if we weren't going to be doing MK and Epcot sessions...but we figured out, price wise, that even if we used Disney Photography JUST for the MK and Epcot sessions...we'd STILL spend way more money using a combo of Disney & the Roots rather than just Disney alone.

I absolutely love the Roots photography. So freaking jealous. :wizard:

Tiffiny

Pick a hotel that's special to you guys! I actually think most of the hotels have some interesting places to take photos. Congrats on getting the Roots! They're SO amazing!

There are so many good choices though lol! I told the Roots we are up for anything since my FI and I can't seem to decide!

Hooray for double digit days!

YAY ROOTS!!! We also booked them for our wedding, as I felt similarly - we were going to have the Roots whether we had a Disney wedding or not. I needed them and I'm glad you feel the same way!

I've seen gorgeous E-Pics done at almost every resort on property, so I say pick somewhere that means something to you - you could get some fun ones at the values! The mods also seems to have really lush landscaping and different backdrops all in one place to shake it up. Can't wait to see!

Yay Roots is right, awesome that you have them too! I asked them if they had any places that they wanted to try that they have not tried yet, so we will shall see what they say!

Congratulations and so excited for you! :) What is a BEO?

And I am SO jealous that you're using the Roots! My fiance and I REALLY wanted to....but pricing wise, it just doesn't work out. It WOULD if we weren't going to be doing MK and Epcot sessions...but we figured out, price wise, that even if we used Disney Photography JUST for the MK and Epcot sessions...we'd STILL spend way more money using a combo of Disney & the Roots rather than just Disney alone.

I absolutely love the Roots photography. So freaking jealous. :wizard:

Tiffiny

Thanks :) A BEO is the Banquet Event Order, which is like the master list of how the day will go, it also came with the budget as it is now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter