EMH and Rider Switch

Disneyplannergirl

Earning My Ears
I've seen people say that you can do Rider Switch during EMH, but does anyone have recent experience with this since MP started? I didn't think there was a FP line available during EMH. So would your switch time start after EMH was over? Or do they let you skip the EMH line somehow? If it matters I am wondering about this for GOTG and RSR specifically.

We were just there this weekend and during EMH you could not get a rider switch pass. The cast member at Soarin told me that he would be working the whole EMH and to come back and see him because if the line got really long he could give me a time right at 9am when EMH was over. So I think it must be that the system won't let them assign a rider switch before park opening.
For GOTG, we just got a FP as soon as we entered the park for 9am using MaxPass and then got a rider switch pass for 9:15. So we were both done on the ride by 9:30 :-)
So it might be good to get MaxPass and then reserve the first available FP for one person on GOTG and for one person on RSR. That would give you plenty of time to do both rides early in the day.

What! You can't RS during EMH?! We always did this for Cars when DD was too little for it. Luckily I don't think this will apply to us anymore at DCA but I'm offended for those who need it. Cars was so popular that riding during EMH was the only way we could do it. At DL I think the only ride we will need RS is Indy, but that's not open during EMH, right?

Rider Switch Pass availability is determined by the attraction wait time.
If the attractions wait time is low they will not give you an RSP.

ME

We were just there this weekend and during EMH you could not get a rider switch pass. The cast member at Soarin told me that he would be working the whole EMH and to come back and see him because if the line got really long he could give me a time right at 9am when EMH was over. So I think it must be that the system won't let them assign a rider switch before park opening.
For GOTG, we just got a FP as soon as we entered the park for 9am using MaxPass and then got a rider switch pass for 9:15. So we were both done on the ride by 9:30 :-)
So it might be good to get MaxPass and then reserve the first available FP for one person on GOTG and for one person on RSR. That would give you plenty of time to do both rides early in the day.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.
Yep, same with us. The rider switch time can only start at park opening time. If the wait time is less than that, then they won't give you a rider swap.

Ex: I get to RSR during EMH at 8 am. The ride only has a 30 min wait. The CM can't give a swap at 8:30 since the park doesn't open until 9.

Ex: If you get to the ride at 8:45 and the ride has a 60 minute wait, then the CM can give you a rider swap for 9:45 since the park will be officially open by then.

Hope that helps!

I don't get the logic of that. If I have EMH or the MM I shouldn't have to wait to ride the attraction until the park has opened. Why should parents have to wait 30 min. instead of being given a RS? I know in 2014 we went immediately to RSR and were given the lanyard for the swap immediately so when one parent exited we could swap. Why penalize parents and ruin the purpose of the early hour? We all know how much more can be done by crossing those rides off during that hour.

I am not sure I like the new version of Rider switch now ... it was tough because they will only give you the switch for basically right after the other person gets off the ride. However ... with a baby or toddler meltdown you could easily miss your window to return and it also meant that I couldn't run over to another more kid friendly land and let my little one ride something he wanted while we waited for his dad. With the paper switch passes one person in our party rode the rides in the AM and then stayed with the little one while he napped and the other person used all the switch passes to ride. Now we just don't do as many of the "big" rides.

I don't get the logic of that. If I have EMH or the MM I shouldn't have to wait to ride the attraction until the park has opened. Why should parents have to wait 30 min. instead of being given a RS? I know in 2014 we went immediately to RSR and were given the lanyard for the swap immediately so when one parent exited we could swap. Why penalize parents and ruin the purpose of the early hour? We all know how much more can be done by crossing those rides off during that hour.

Yeah, I like the old system way better. The new ride swap pass they add to your ticket doesn't even allow the CMs to give riders swaps at a time before "official" park opening even if they wanted to. Boo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter