Embossing gone bad?

scrappydew

l wish I were at Aulani!
About 6 years ago, I did some titles for my scrapbook pages. I used chipboard, inked them, then used clear embossing to make the letters shiny and hard. They looked great!

Now, looking at my albums, the letters have gone funny. There is now a white haze where the clear embossing used to be, and they just don't look nice. They are in CM albums with page protectors.

Anyone else have this issue? Is this just what happens after a while?

I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't really get into the embossing with exception of the embossing folders that put the designs onto paper...

Would you mind showing a photo so I can see what you are talking about. My mom did some embossing w/ the crystal things that you heated up so I'd be happy to follow up with her and see if hers are doing the same thing.

I've embossed a few things. Mostly metallic, like silver and gold. Thankfully no issues over time. I'd sure be disappointed in what you describe.

IMG_20170215_094011.jpg Its a little hard to to see but the shine is turning to a haze. You can see it best on the "c". In real life, it looks a lot worse; the shine seems magnified by taking a picture of it!

I also did a gold piece in this album, and it seems fine :confused3

I haven't seen this problem in my things that I have embossed both in colors and in metallics. Have you tried going over the embossed area with your heat gun again to gloss it back up. I did have a problem once with something I embossed for a swap losing its shine before I put it on the larger item, after I reheated it for a bit longer it did not dull again.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!