Thirteenth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City! *INFO COMING SOON*

Hello KC DIS fans! I wish this thread was around when I was still living in KC. I would have loved to hangout with other Kansas City Disney fans. I am now living in Orlando and work for Disney so if any of you awesome KC people head this way, feel free to give me a shout. It would be cool to meet some fellow KC people in the parks for a few drinks!
Well, shoot! I was just there last week. :D I would love to move to Florida and work for Disney. So, at least you are living my dream scenario. :D

Same goes if you are ever back in Kansas City. If we have a meet scheduled for when you are back in town, we would love to meet you! :)

My husband is at a conference, so I'm on kid duty (sleepover and birthday party tomorrow).
I really hope to meet you guys soon, though! Have a great time and eat some delicious Joe's for me!
I wish I could go but I actually have to go to a family reunion! Have fun everyone!
We look forward to meeting both of you at a future meet. Our next meet should be scheduled within the next day. Feel free to let me know if any of you two have any ideas. :)

My husband is at a conference, so I'm on kid duty (sleepover and birthday party tomorrow).
I really hope to meet you guys soon, though! Have a great time and eat some delicious Joe's for me!

I wish I could go but I actually have to go to a family reunion! Have fun everyone!

Hello KC DIS fans! I wish this thread was around when I was still living in KC. I would have loved to hangout with other Kansas City Disney fans. I am now living in Orlando and work for Disney so if any of you awesome KC people head this way, feel free to give me a shout. It would be cool to meet some fellow KC people in the parks for a few drinks!
Well hello former Kansas Citian!

Def. let us know if you're ever in the area again. I'll be in Orlando Labor Day weekend....but only a layover at the airport on our way back home. Otherwise I won't be down there for a few years. We had our WDW trip back in Sep 2017 during Irma but it would have been awesome to have run into someone from our area. That's really cool you're working for Disney :love:

Hello all

Im sorry for the late notice, but I’m not going to be able to make it. We decided to buy a new car (total whim and definitely not necessary), so we have to get that squared away. Have a great lunch and I’m hopeful that the next outing that you plan I’ll be able to make it. Would love to meet others who love Disney!

Hello all

Im sorry for the late notice, but I’m not going to be able to make it. We decided to buy a new car (total whim and definitely not necessary), so we have to get that squared away. Have a great lunch and I’m hopeful that the next outing that you plan I’ll be able to make it. Would love to meet others who love Disney!
Have fun with the new car!

My husband and I unexpectedly last weekend upgraded our phones so we spent an entire afternoon dealing with setting stuff up and everything.

Hope to see you soon :)

Have fun with the new car!

My husband and I unexpectedly last weekend upgraded our phones so we spent an entire afternoon dealing with setting stuff up and everything.

Hope to see you soon :)

It's always those unexpected things that can turn out to be fun :-) He's been drooling over this car for a bit. We went and test drove it, and, well, you know how that goes.....LOL

Thank you to everyone who attended our meet this past weekend. It was great getting to see many of you again!

REQUESTING DATES!

Hi everyone. To make our planning process easier, we are asking that anyone interested in attending our Eleventh and Twelfth Disboards Meet in Kansas City submit availability for the months of September and October. We usually plan meeting on weekends. So, please submit your availability in this thread or in a private message. Thank you!

We always have a good time getting together with like-minded folks to talk Disney! Several of us are in the process of becoming good friends just to occasionally chit chat with. There's no way we'd ever have met in the real world, so it's pretty cool getting acquainted. We'd welcome anybody and everybody who'd like to get together to talk about Disney--we talk about the parks, the movies, some of the history, and we can complain about the lousy weather in our neck of the woods;)

Thank you to everyone who attended our meet this past weekend. It was great getting to see many of you again!

REQUESTING DATES!

Hi everyone. To make our planning process easier, we are asking that anyone interested in attending our Eleventh and Twelfth Disboards Meet in Kansas City submit availability for the months of September and October. We usually plan meeting on weekends. So, please submit your availability in this thread or in a private message. Thank you!

Good news! I become substantially more available in Sept and Oct so I may actually be able to make it to both of the meets :P
September availability: Fri/Sat/Sun for the weekends of the 15th, 22nd, & 29th
October availability: Fri/Sat/Sun for the weekends of the 6th, 13th, & 27th (Although the 28th is my birthday so I might end up having something planned that weekend).

For September we're available:

• Friday 8th
  • Saturday 9th
  • Sunday 10th

• Friday 14th
  • Saturday 15th
  • Sunday 16th

• Friday 21st
  • Saturday 22nd
  • Sunday 23rd

• Friday 28th
  • Saturday 29th
  • Sunday 30th

For October we're available:

• Friday 12th
  • Saturday 13th
  • Sunday 14th

• Friday 19th
  • Saturday 20th
  • Sunday 21st

• Friday 26th
  • Saturday 27th
  • Sunday 28th

Eleventh Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City!!! *INFO*

Hi everyone. For those of us in the KC area, we are looking into meeting for the eleventh time in the past several months. For those of you that did not join us for any of our previous meets, you are more than welcome to join in on these next events! If anyone has any recommendations on where we can meet or different activities in the KC area, please let me know.

Date: September 15, 2018
Address: TBD
Time: 12 p.m.

Location is listed as "to be determined." If you have any ideas on places to meet or activities to do, please let us know. We will be determining a meeting place by September 1st.

Kansas City Disboards Fantasy Football League!

If anyone is interested in joining a Fantasy Football League for the upcoming NFL season, please let me know.

Winner of the Fantasy Football league will get to decide a KC Disboards Meet in 2019! :)

The Draft will be next week if we get this going!

For me, everything except the first weekend in September will work.

October only the weekend of 20/21, lots of birthdays that month (including mine the end of October) and we’re headed to LA.
I totally know how that goes lol. Sometimes I feel like it's like I'm wide-open free and then it snowballs into nope nevermind I'm all booked up haha.

Sorry, everyone! I have been out of town for several weeks - some of it in Florida, but I didn’t go to WDW - gah! I’m back in the KC area for a few weeks - but planning a trip to WDW at the end of September - yay!
No worries. Hope you had fun while you were gone even if you weren't in WDW...but having a trip planned certaintly makes that all better :D

My vote is escape room followed by a meal of food.

Not too many suggestions for restaurants, though non chains or local chains are more preferable to me.
Ugh sorry totally forgot to respond when I got back from out of town.

An escape room will work so long as the numbers going to the meet aren't high.

The two companies I'm familar with are Escape Room KC and Breakout KC.

Escape Room has 4 rooms with up to 8 people, 1 room with up to 9 people, 1 room with up to 10 people and 1 room with up to 12 people. There are a total of 7 rooms.

The 12 person room is not private which means strangers can join in the time slot. All other rooms are private meaning you are booking it only for our specified group.

Breakout KC has 10 rooms total and a max of 8 players. None of the rooms are private which means strangers can join in the time slot if it's available.

These are the two companies I know but I do believe there are a few others in the area.

Full disclosure I've done the Da Vinci room at Escape Room which is the 10 person room and the Truman room at Breakout KC which is an 8 person room.

If the Escape Room won't work this time around (I'd love to be able to do it at some point though) here's a few other ideas:

@Micca and @AMusicLifeForMe and myself did check out the new Johnson County Library branch called Monticello in Shawnee, KS. There's a meeting room that's nice but it only holds 8 max (we asked and it is not allowed to have more than 8); it's also far away from the MO folks. If the library was the place I'd say bring some games and we can have a good 'ole time. There is a rooftop terrace with tables and chairs just steps from the meeting room which would also work if the weather is nice.

Here's a picture of what the rooftop terrace looks like:
upload_2018-9-7_19-46-55.png

Top Golf is another option as is mini golf (though with too too many people that might not be the easiest for getting to know each other lol if we had new people joining us).

There's Louisburg Cider Mill in Louisburg, KS (south on 69 highway). It opens for the corn maze and pumpkin patch on September 14th (so the day before our meet). There's just too much information to put down so I would suggest just going to the website listed here if this interests anyone: https://louisburgcidermill.com/ make sure to read all information about the activities available and fees for general admission in order to be able to do certain activities.

The other apple cider (hot,cold and slush form) and apple cider doughnut (with also a version that has cinnamon and sugar coating which is the kind we usually get) place I know of is Dunn's Cider Mill in Belton, MO. They don't have good seating for large groups and it's not really a good place to go for long periods of time since we'd be taking tables from other people. They also don't have a set open date usually listed as mid-September. I can call though if that's something people are interested in to see if they are open yet. If this was what we wanted to do we could get the doughnuts and apple cider (they also have coffee too) and go elsewhere to sit and chat. While there's not too much information on their website here it is: https://millsite.homestead.com/

We still have Ann's tour in Downtown KC to do though I'd leave that up to Ann if she's still interested in it.

Other than that I really can only think about going to a place to eat that allows us to sit and chat for a while.

I'm up for escape room or the library rooftop, though if we play a board game is there a game where everyone can play?

I also second the choice of chuy's for choice of restaurant.

I'm up for escape room or the library rooftop, though if we play a board game is there a game where everyone can play?

I also second the choice of chuy's for choice of restaurant.
I say we hold off on the escape room until we can fully plan it.

I'll get the updated location for this weekend posted quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!