ECV at Disney Springs Hotels

momimouse27

Just a Big Kid!
My apologies if there is another thread with this subject, I couldn't find one. :)

We are trying to plan a trip around my brother who has stage 4 colon cancer. He wants to visit very badly again before he gets too sick for WDW. Last time(2016) he had an ECV rental from Buena Vista...went very smoothly stayed at ASM.

We have been to WDW many times and have stayed at DS area also, but it's been a long time since we usually stay on property. This trip will be eeked out financially and we're trying to squeeze as much into our budget as possible, so it may be a Disney Springs hotel for us this time.

Question #1 : I can't remember..do Disney Springs hotels use the same buses as the resorts? I'm trying to decide if my brother will be able to use the transportation there with his ECV. He will need to rent from a company as he will need it all the time.

Question #2: Will the ECV rental companies drop off at the DS area hotels?

Thanks for any help and advice :) We want to make this a pleasant and stress free trip for him.

Question #1 : I can't remember..do Disney Springs hotels use the same buses as the resorts? I'm trying to decide if my brother will be able to use the transportation there with his ECV. He will need to rent from a company as he will need it all the time.

Question #2: Will the ECV rental companies drop off at the DS area hotels?

Q1: Last I checked, the Disney Springs hotels were either running their own bus/shuttles, or leaving it to their guests to get to/from the Parks. You might identify the hotels you are most interested in utilizing for the trip, and then contact them *directly* (ask to speak to a guest services manager - that should get you to the most appropriate person) and ask them if they provide transportation, is it accessible, and very importantly, how often does it make the round trip between the hotel and the Parks. If your brother needs to go back to the room for a mid-day nap, but the hotel only drops off 30 minutes before rope drop and only picks up 30 minutes after close... he will need an alternate form of transportation.

Q2: Yes, they will drop off at any hotel, and even rented condos, rented homes, etc. Again, identify the vendor(s) you are most interested in, and call directly to ask your questions; be sure that you find out what to do if there is a problem with the scooter after regular office hours, and make sure your brother has that information with him, either in his smartphone or written down and placed in his wallet.

I hope that your brother has the most Magical trip he possibly can.

Thank you so so much! We are interested in Doubletree Suites..I'll contact them and find out. :D

and ask them if they provide transportation, is it accessible, and very importantly, how often does it make the round trip between the hotel and the Parks.
They absolutely provide transportation. It's not Disney buses, so I can't speak as to accessibility.

Two sets of shared buses, one for each side of the street.

Buses run every thirty minutes, and may go to two parks. The MK bus goes to the TTC, not the park entrance.

Buses to/from Disney Springs start at 4 PM and run until 3 AM.

I've seen that the Hilton LBV Palace at Disney Springs has a skywalk access to Disney Springs, which I know has the WDW buses. Has anyone ever stayed at this resort, or used this crosswalk? I'm assuming there's an elevator for access.

I've seen that the Hilton LBV Palace at Disney Springs has a skywalk access to Disney Springs, which I know has the WDW buses. Has anyone ever stayed at this resort, or used this crosswalk? I'm assuming there's an elevator for access.
we have not used that resort, but do know that the elevated crosswalk has elevators at each end.

Shuttle buses that go from the offsite hotels to the WDW parks would be required to be accessible. It may not be every bus, but the ADA would require them to provide similar service to guests using mobility devices as they provide to other guests.

Disney Springs, which I know has the WDW buses.

Just to mention there are no WDW buses from DS directly to the parks. It would require going to a resort first and then to a park. So using DS as a transfer site won't work very well.

Enjoy your vacation!

We debate the idea of onsite/offsite all the time. Our trip in December 2017 we stayed onsite and loved it from the transportation end. We have even done the car and trunk for an ECV.

It can be a real hassle not be dropped off at the exact park. Some of the hotels (not Disney Springs) only go to Epcot for example.

Then, you have to consider getting the ECV off and on if you are not the first stop. This means others will be on the bus ahead of you. That can be stressful.

This can be very time consuming if you don't get the connections close to the other one.

Watch for an onsite sale and it may work out for you.

It's hard enough as is, without making it even harder.

To clarify: there are no buses from DS proper directly to the parks; the hotels do run shared buses directly to the parks. I’ve been asked to show my room key.

And the skywalks are definitely accessible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!