Eating at Sea World Orlando but allergic to MSG! HELP!

Mmo

Earning My Ears
We are headed to Sea World Orlando this weekend, and also Aquatica. I'm *severely* reactive to MSG and all the other names they use to hide it like Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Torula Yeast, etc I get violently ill shortly after eating and stay that way for anywhere from a few hours to a couple days, depending on how much I get. I don't want to spend my vacation in the toilet.

I also would love to avoid having to take the time to request ingredients lists for everything I eat, although I know I'm dreaming.

Can anyone tell me anything about Sea World dining and MSG? Any helpful tips?

It's been a while but I remember having an okay time with Sea World and some odd allergies. They have "allergy friendly" restaurants but you're still going to need to check ingredient lists with anything outside of the Top 8. I know it's not fun taking the time to wait for the ingredient lists and the extra time for your food to be made but isn't it worth it to have a meal that won't make you sick.

I would recommend bringing a little packet of salt and a spice mix. Allergy safe food can often be really bland as the chefs often prefer to err on the side of caution then taste. I have garlic and mustard allergies (along with a bunch of others) so can't have anything with the word "spices

Sadly MSG is in everything packaged. It is hidden in ingredients lists under things like "Spices", or "Natural Flavors" etc. Your best bet is likely to bring your own food. Table service may be able to help you. But I doubt you could get anything from counter service without MSG.

I don't think you will have any option other than to ask for the ingredient lists, especially at counter service. I agree that you will be better off taking the time to read the ingredient lists, than you would being sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter