Eat at Home 3!

I don’t have a full week plan but I am WFH all week (paving the parking lot at work) so I can dig through the freezer and find something for later in the week.

Sunday - manicotti, salad, and rustic Italian bread.
Monday - tacos
Tuesday- orange chicken, rice, and broccoli
Wednesday- baked chicken, asparagus, and scalloped potatoes

Monday- Chicken cutlets (of course)
Tuesday- Ravioli and sauce
Wednesday- Marinated london broil
Thursday- Teriyaki tacos

Clearly I haven't thought out sides yet. And we all know these are subject to be moved around. I find planning 4 meals is working for us with leftovers or working in an easy night (frozen pizza or take out rarely). Seems to be enough planning to have an idea on hand, but not wasting food. Still working on the right balance but we are doing pretty well this year so far.

Monday- Chicken cutlets (of course)
Tuesday- Ravioli and sauce
Wednesday- Marinated london broil
Thursday- Teriyaki tacos

Clearly I haven't thought out sides yet. And we all know these are subject to be moved around. I find planning 4 meals is working for us with leftovers or working in an easy night (frozen pizza or take out rarely). Seems to be enough planning to have an idea on hand, but not wasting food. Still working on the right balance but we are doing pretty well this year so far.
4 nights planning works well for me too. I also tend to move things around and decide on sides last minute.

Monday. Corned beef sandwiches
Tuesday. Breakfast for dinner. I made a ham and it’s the only way DH will eat it.
Wednesday leftovers or shrimp and asparagus.
Thursday. Hamburgers or chicken thighs
Friday. DH and DS are going out of town so DD and I will probably go out. Possibly Carrabbas. Not my favorite but DD loves it and DH can’t have pasta.

Tonight- pasta with homemade spicy tomato cream sauce
Tomorrow- cashew chicken and zucchini, rice
Tuesday- chicken parm, angel hair parmesan, salad
Wednesday- I'm going out with a friend- spicy Thai fried rice (from TJs) for the fam
Thursday- breaded shrimp, salad, and some type of starch
Friday- pizza, salad

I'm so mad at myself. I thought I had chicken thighs in the freezer. Zip zilch. I said I'll run to Golden Chick to get some roasted chicken to go with my okra n tomatoes, baked beans and mac n cheese. That 8 piece just chicken was $21.99 over $23 after taxes. When did 8 pieces of roasted chicken start costing over $20?
SMH! I got got but it won't happen again.

Mon - leftovers
Tuesday - chicken spaghetti
Wednesday - leftovers
Thurs, Fri, Saturday - out of town

Busy weekend so I didn’t post yesterday.

Sunday - chicken fried rice
Monday - Brie and apple stuffed chicken breast with roasted asparagus and scalped potatoes
Tuesday - turkey burgers with pasta salad and cut up fruit
Wednesday - pasta with meatballs, garlic bread and salad
Thursday - coconut shrimp, rice, and peas.
Friday - chicken fingers and fries

I’m back from my April hiatus. I couldn’t plan more than 2-3 days at a time this month, if that. I had two out of state work trips, one out of state wedding, one dance competition, and our spring break trip. Looking forward to a normal May.

DH also threw me a bit of a curve ball by requesting fewer carb heavy meals. I don’t mind the idea, we could both stand to lose a little weight. But our usual rotation depends on pasta and other starches, and that’s all DD eats as well. I looked at YouTube, Instagram and ChatGPT for inspiration, but it’s all variations on the same three meals with the same five ingredients.

I’m going to post the meal plan in a second post, because for some reason, this form crashes at Sunday every time I try.

Last edited:
Today: something quick from Trader Joe’s, busy day
Sunday: chicken pita sandwiches
Monday: spinach frittata
Tuesday: salmon farro bowls
Wednesday: pasta puttanesca with side salad
Thursday: sautéed green beans and tomatoes with baked cod
Friday: sandwiches. It’s our late dance night

Still plenty of carbs, but I’m trying to cut down by bulking it up the meals with veggies

Last edited:
I didn't realize people were posting in this thread again. I was part of this thread years ago. My kids are now grown and out of the house (for the most part). I try to plan 2 or 3 meals a week but eating drive thru/take out for breakfast and lunch is OUT OF CONTROL. I am broke and at my highest weight ever. I am having back surgery soon so I'm trying to create a stockpile in my freezer of cooked meals. I currently have chili, chicken soup, spaghetti sauce, a casserole dish with stuffed shells and chicken pot pie filling. I'm going to make it a point to pop on here and keep planning.

I’m back from my April hiatus. I couldn’t plan more than 2-3 days at a time this month, if that. I had two out of state work trips, one out of state wedding, one dance competition, and our spring break trip. Looking forward to a normal May.

DH also threw me a bit of a curve ball by requesting fewer carb heavy meals. I don’t mind the idea, we could both stand to lose a little weight. But our usual rotation depends on pasta and other starches, and that’s all DD eats as well. I looked at YouTube, Instagram and ChatGPT for inspiration, but it’s all variations on the same three meals with the same five ingredients.

I’m going to post the meal plan in a second post, because for some reason, this form crashes at Sunday every time I try.
It is hard trying to keep away from carbs. DH was carb free for several years. He will now each pizza and rye bread but no rice and he has one pasta meal that he loves that we have every six weeks or so. It is definitely very challenging especially in this economy

Going almost no carb isn’t hard, it’s just expensive. My husband has been pretty much carb free for a few years now. I don’t make much in terms of pasta because I try to keep to a low FODMAP diet. My kids can’t eat potatoes so those are never in rotation. Japanese short grain rice is a staple though.

Most days my husband has a salad with cheese and salami for lunch. Snacks on nuts and cheese during the day.

Dinner is mostly some form of chicken. Kids and I have rice. Then also a vegetable.

Yesterdays’s dinner was Japanese beef bowl (gyudon). Kids and I had it on top of rice, my husband just the beef & onions as is.

Tonight I am making chicken in honey & soy sauce. It is more carbs than he usually has, but as usual he will not eat the rice. He will just eat it with the veggie which will be green beans.

He also has ‘pizza crusts’ he makes himself in a big batch and then freezes. They are made of almond flour, cream cheese, eggs & mozzarella cheese. Again expensive, a wheat pizza crust is much cheaper to make.

Last week I had to go out of town for work so I didn't cook at all. This week's menu was...

Sunday - Spaghetti & Meatballs
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - Shredded chicken tacos
Wednesday - Burgers & mac and cheese
Thursday - Pork Loin, potatoes and mixed veggies
Friday - leftovers
Saturday- Chicken & yellow rice

Now off to plan the upcoming weeks menu.

check out the south beach diet recipies (you can find them online free). the phase ones are almost entirely carb free, phase two ups it a tad. there are many for chicken that use common ingredients you likely have on hand or can buy at not outrageous prices. with many you can put them on top of starches for your dd. i highly reccommend-chicken crimini (you can substitute whatever mushrooms are on sale), chicken mole (not hot or spicy), greek sloppy joes (i use regular ground beef though we like lamb so we sometimes substitute it) and the bolivian pork chops.

we are much more able to do more carb free eating during the summer because we can bbq-we do up chicken, kabobs, burgers (i go without a bun and eat it with a knife and fork). whatever veg is on sale we end up grilling (i marinade first).

Friday - DH had left over pizza from the local brewery, I had a grilled cheese (nothing fancy but at least we ate at home)
Saturday- Chicken teriyaki tacos
Sunday- Burgers on the grill with fries
Monday- L/O chicken teriyaki tacos and rice
Tuesday- Marinated london broil w/ homemade popovers (bumped from last week)
Wednesday - Sunday we are down the shore so who knows (either lunch or dinner out but definitely packing snacks and breakfast items. we will be back eating at home on Monday)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter