Eastern, or, uh, er, now, likely, Western Caribbean Port Activities Suggestions Please

Hendlaw

Mouse Owned
So we are scheduled to cruise Nov 18th on the Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, although it looks like it will probably now be Western Caribbean. We have done no research on these ports. What suggestions do you have for things to do in port?

BTW: We have a 9 year old son with us who is on the autism spectrum so we are limited to activities that are not high stress or require him to exercise independent direction.

Last edited:
I love the western. My favorite excursions are there. Jamaica: Dunn's River Falls and bobsledding. Cozumel: Xcaret. Grand Cayman: anything with Stingray City. Don't let people freak you out about travel times or boat ride over. Take motion sickness meds and you'll be fine and the travel is totally worth all of these excursions.

We're on the same sailing. We sailed western in 2015 and did:
Cozumel- Tulum ruins.. very good excursion, but we'd only do it once
Falmouth - nothing in 2015, thinking about booking Dunns River Falls
GC- we did a dolphin Swim + Stingray city... the dolphin swim part was not great (I think Disney no longer offers it with that company) but Stingray city was awesome. We plan to re-book Stingray City

We are on this one as well - I'm REALLY hoping we get to do a revised Eastern Itinerary, but I've looked at excursions for the Western ports as well... here's what I've come up with so far:

Cozumel: Paradise Beach (on our own), Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel & Beach Party, or Isla Pasion by Power Catamaran
Grand Cayman: Rum Point/Stingray City
Jamaica: Nothing yet :) May treat this as our extra Sea Day if we go this route

I'm a planner, so it makes me anxious not to know where we will end up going. We had an awesome private charter scheduled for our Tortola day, so I'm hoping we get to schedule something similar.

Best of luck to you!!

So we are scheduled to cruise Nov 18th on the Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, although it looks like it will probably now be Western Caribbean. We have done no research on these ports. What suggestions do you have for things to do in port?

BTW: We have a 9 year old son with us who is on the autism spectrum so we are limited to activities that are not high stress or require him to exercise independent direction.

We are on the same cruise and are waiting to see which excursions will be offered through Disney for Cozumel. Like you, I had done no research about Western ports, so we may just end up staying on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!