Early Fastpass or not

disneymore2

Mouseketeer
We are going to MK on 10/16 with an 8am opening time. We have a 3 year old boy so not worrying about FP for the big rides or Princess meets. Right now we have 3 FP starting at 8 (then 9 and 10) for PP, WP, and Barnstomer. We will likely stay at Park till mid day and come back in evening.

Would it be better to move our 8am FP to 11 when it gets busier or keep as is and get a 4th FP quicker??

There are going to be different schools of thought on this but I think in your instance where you really aren't going for the blockbusters you should probably just get them out of the way because you can probably keep rolling with same day FPs for the rest of the day.

Our strategy is to determine how many of the larger attractions we can get in at RD, decide when we'll be done with them then grab FP+ choices starting at that time, spaced so that one starts as the earlier one ends. At that point we're eligible to try for more.

Bill From PA

We are going to MK on 10/16 with an 8am opening time. We have a 3 year old boy so not worrying about FP for the big rides or Princess meets. Right now we have 3 FP starting at 8 (then 9 and 10) for PP, WP, and Barnstomer. We will likely stay at Park till mid day and come back in evening.

Would it be better to move our 8am FP to 11 when it gets busier or keep as is and get a 4th FP quicker??

We like to schedule them after 11am, but it's really just personal preference I think.

You're not hitting any of the big-ticket attractions so it then just boils down to convenience. You have them ordered efficiently through Fantasyland so you can conveniently hit the other age appropriate attractions as you move west to east from Peter Pan to Pooh to Barnstormer. I think it's fine to keep the 8,9,10 fastpasses and you could be making your 4th fastpass as early as 10AM assuming you check in for Barnstormer at the start of that window and keep them rolling from there until your midday break when you can make your next fast pass for when you plan to return in the evening.

It really depends on the approach. You may be able to maximize it by doing attractions standby in the first hour or two when lines are lower, then doing the FPs in the late morning. However, you could take the strategy of getting the 3 FPs done quickly and then using the app repeatedly for additional rides. Both can work; it just depends on how quickly you want to move at the start.

If you are only staying in the park until mid-day, it doesn't seem to provide a big advantage to moving your times back. If you moved back until 11, you might be done for the day at 1 anyway, leaving some FPs unused. If you get there at 8 a.m., you can still take advantage of the short standby lines for the first hour and then do PP and WP back to back at 9. Then it's not a long wait at all until your barnstormer window opens at 10. After that, you can try to get more FPs.

I would keep them the way they are then book more after using those three...right after you scan your third shortly after 10 book another.

What I have done sometimes is if I see a ride I have a FP+ for later in the day has a short wait time and I have enough time before my next FP+ window closes, I'll go ahead and ride it standby and then modify the FP+ from later in the day to something else. I'll also cancel a FP+ (and replace it later) or switch it to a different ride when I arrive at a ride and the standby time is super short.

We did rope drop with my 7 year old daughter back in april and knocked out Tea Cups, Dumbo, Barnstomer, 7DMT and Winnie the Pooh all in the first 90 minutes with all short waits outside of 30 minutes for 7DMT. I would start your fast passes at 9/10.

I would switch Barnstormer out for Small World because Barnstormer is on top of Dumbo and Tea Cups so rope drop those 3 and you could honestly ride each of those three rides 2 times and not set yourself behind on your touring plan.

PP and Small World are next to each other as well with those fast passes.

I'm just thinking about cutting down on the walking with a 3 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter