DxDP June 2018

4DisneyWVUfans

Mouseketeer
This past July my husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at Disney World. We hadn't been there since the kids were little in 2005. It was a short stay. Everyone was so helpful on these boards in helping me plan!! We enjoyed it so much! After I posted an original plan for dining then, I was able to plan a great trip with my family. We do the DxDP because quite frankly my husband and kids love to eat. LOL I do too! I try to really stretch the meals out. Please help me with these plans for June! (Hopefully Toy Story Land will be open:)) We are staying at AOA. Got to love 2 bathrooms with young adults! I really appreciate the help!

Fri: Off site
Sat: AK Check into AOA Lunch-Tusker House 2pm Dinner-Jiko 8pm
Sun: MK Early Breakfast-Crystal Palace 8am Dinner-Contemporary Grill 7-8 ish
Mon: AK Lunch-Yak and Yeti Dinner- Tiffins 6pm? ROL Package
Tues: EP Lunch- Chefs De France 12pm Dinner-Le Cellier 6pm
Wed: MK Lunch-Kona 11am Dinner- BOG 5:30pm
Thurs : AK Lunch-Sanaa 1pm POOL Dinner Narcoosee's 7-8ish
Fri: HS Breakfast-Cape May 8am (Probably Lyft) Dinner-Yachtsman 5pm **This day is the hardest. Thinking of doing the Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party
Lots of sweets! My son is a huge fan. I know steak would be hard then this! Really flexible.
Sat: HS morning, then Epcot Lunch-Marrakesh Dinner-Epcot
Sun: MK Lunch-WCC 1pm Back to MK Dinner Raglan Road Last night offsite

Any breaks will be covered with snack of some sort. Plenty to choose from at WDW!! We are getting the hopper pass. We found getting early FP worked really well last year. We could pick up some in the evening in other parks.

Thanks everyone! Hoping to do a trip report this time!

At first glance, I'd think about putting a bit more time between your lunches and dinners. If you figure 1.5 hours of a TS experience, ADRs 6 hours apart are really more like 4.5 hours between meals - not a lot of time for the three-course meals the DxDDP offers. It is a lot more enjoyable to fill too much space between meals with a snack here or there than it is to sit down to a nice signature dinner when you're still sated from lunch.

I think you'd be fine doing the dessert party after Yachtsman, as long as you get a very early (as close to 5 as possible) ADR. Early ADRs are usually seated on time, so even with the signature experience you'll probably be done with dinner around 7. The fireworks this year were at 9:30 in June, so the dessert party would start at 8:30. You might want to skip or share desserts at Yachtsman, though, so you'll still be in the mood for and have room for sweets at the party.

Some really great choices there! I like your plan a lot. I've done the dxdp the last 3 trips and it's so awesome!

I think you are fine with Yachtsman and the Dessert Party on the same day with a 5pm ADR. I would probably forego the dessert at that meal (you can skip the odd dessert or appetizer and still come out ahead of the game $ wise on the deluxe plan). We always do 2 - 3 TS a day and the odd dessert party and we are fine. We don't judge value on volume of food though, we are definitely quality of quantity people. If you are the type who needs a lot of food to feel like you're getting your money's worth, then I would suggest perhaps not doing Yachtsman and Dessert Party on the same night.

Thanks! I have sat for hours looking at menus! LOL WE love the deluxe plan. We are quality over quantity people too. We definitely got our $$ worth of food last summer. My older kids enjoy trying new food. It also helps in the hotter months to also know you have a cool place to eat and hang for a while.

We have done and loved the Deluxe Plan too. It was just my daughter and I though. She was still in the child category at that time, so I tried to keep our dinner time to around 6:00-7:00. I am guessing that your children are older though as you stated you took them back in 2005. I think that your plan looks great. I didn't count up your credits, but I am assuming that you used them all as it looks like you are using them up on your last day in the park since that night you state is off site. You actually have some of our favorites listed (JIKO, Ragland Road, Yak & Yeti). We haven't been to Yachtsman yet, but it is on our list of ones that we want to try. We always try to get a Tusker house breakfast before the park opens on one of our AK days. My daughter's favorite character has always been Donald Duck!

I stretched those dining credits as much as I could. My husband travels so much doing the year. We are going to use points on off site days. I think there is something for everyone in my family. Even though my kids are older, our family loves the characters! Love Donald! My daughter will love splitting a porterhouse at the Yachstman with my husband! My kids don't know about this vacation yet! It's a Merry Christmas present!

I think you have great choices. My one question would be for Sunday. Do you plan on doing PPO Crystal Palace and staying all day before dinner at the Contemporary? If so I would plan an earlier dinner, that is a really long day.

I would also agree with spreading out some of you later lunches and dinner times. Consider wait times as well as longer meals with the deluxe plan. Sometimes it is nearly two hours from original ADR time before TS meals are done. That makes the next meal feel like it is coming very quickly. On your times when you give a range for dinner, I would go with the later times if you can.

On the deluxe plan we try to do either very late breakfast or very early lunch with a 7/8 PM dinner.

We have done and loved the Deluxe Plan too. It was just my daughter and I though. She was still in the child category at that time, so I tried to keep our dinner time to around 6:00-7:00.

If you don't mind me asking, how old was your daughter at the time just the two of you used the Deluxe Plan? I'm considering spending the extra money for it and would be in the same boat, just me and my DD(10). We'll be staying in CR for four days, and neither one of us are huge breakfast eaters. I think we could genuinely be content grabbing a quick buffet breakfast each morning at Chef Mickey's and starting our day. But I feel like we'd sort of be cheating ourselves in the process, too.::MickeyMo

My daughter was only 9 when we did it. I also had gotten free regular dining, so I only had to upgrade to the deluxe. My daughter is now 14 and I think she has a refined enough palate to enjoy the signature restaurant adult menus, but I am not sure that she would have at 9. She would still have a hard time eating the appetizer, entrée and dessert from the adult menu though. At 9 the appetizers were often fruit or goldfish crackers..... I would like to do it with her again, but I am not sure when

My daughter was only 9 when we did it. I also had gotten free regular dining, so I only had to upgrade to the deluxe. My daughter is now 14 and I think she has a refined enough palate to enjoy the signature restaurant adult menus, but I am not sure that she would have at 9.

As I continue to research menus, understand my DD’s eating habits, the DDP isn’t in our best interest, either. We can live on meals without having to do three courses and sit-down meals, three times a day. If we were able to receive free dining, I’d be more eager to give it a try.::MickeyMo

Last edited:
Sorry for jumping in and changing the subject of OP’s post! Good luck with the trip planning and the meals!::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!