DXDP And Yachtsmans Steakhouse

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Hi. I was wondering if I need to pay OOP for a side item at Yachtsmans Steakhouse since everything appears to be a la carte. Like if I wanted the filet and the twice baked potato, will I have to pay cash for the potato?

We're on the DXDP.
Thank you.

While you will need to pay out-of-pocket for things in the "Sides" section of the menu, each steak already comes with a side dish. The NY Strip has potato gratin, the Filet has mashed potatoes, etc. So it's not all really "a la carte".

We've always been able to substitute among those side dishes that come with the steaks. (Swapping sweet potato casserole for truffle fries, etc.) I doubt they would let you switch with items that are separated out in the "Sides" area of the menu. They seem larger and more expensive.

While you will need to pay out-of-pocket for things in the "Sides" section of the menu, each steak already comes with a side dish. The NY Strip has potato gratin, the Filet has mashed potatoes, etc. So it's not all really "a la carte".

We've always been able to substitute among those side dishes that come with the steaks. (Swapping sweet potato casserole for truffle fries, etc.) I doubt they would let you switch with items that are separated out in the "Sides" area of the menu. They seem larger and more expensive.
This has been our experience as well. DH and I both ordered the filet. I kept the mashed potatoes, he went with the gratin. DD was also able to trade out the sauce that came with hers for another.

Also, things on the sides menu can’t be substituted for another course. We wanted to use our appetizer entitlement to order the truffle mac and cheese one time, but our server said the computer won’t accept it even though the cost is less than most appetizers.

Thank you! This is very helpful with planning. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter