DVC Shopping Discount

DestyTiger

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if the 20% DVC discount is valid at the shops in the countries in World Showcase? I ask because there is a painting in EPCOT that I really want, but can only swing if the discount is valid there. It was a little hectic in there this afternoon when I saw it and meant to go back and ask, but forgot before we left. Didn't want to waste a trip into the back of EPCOT if the discount wasn't available on this type of purchase.

Thanks! Guess I need to figure out if this art work is excluded for this discount. Not sure there is any other way then going there and ask. Hopefully it qualifies!

Thanks! Guess I need to figure out if this art work is excluded for this discount. Not sure there is any other way then going there and ask. Hopefully it qualifies!
Some of the countries in Epcot are not operated by Disney and may not offer any discounts.

Also, some art is excluded from the discount at Disney owned & operated locations:
A valid Disney Vacation Club Member ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount. Discount is not valid, including but not limited to, on previous purchases, ticket media, Disney Gift Cards, Park admission, arcades, tobacco, alcohol, outdoor vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, Electronic Convenience Vehicles), personalization, Memory Maker, Memory Maker One Day, select print packages, and any online purchases from Disney PhotoPass, Disney Store Online, framed Disney Dollars, live auction artwork, Artist Sketch Program (original art), original or consignment art, newspapers/ periodicals, videos, DVDs, CDs, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, digital/ video/disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics, national-branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Lladro, Swarovski® Crystal, select collectible originals, select specialty items, select specialized toys, handmade items, special orders, purchase-with-purchase offers, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Pirates League packages, shipping, or taxes, or on phone, email, online or mail order purchases. May not be combined with any other discount, offer, or promotion. Discount is for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise, subject to change without notice.

Larry Dotson was having an art event today at the Norway pavilion. When I took the piece I was purchasing to the counter, the CM indicated that they don't discount art. I bought a different Larry Dotson piece at Jambo House gift shop and got the 20%. I guess all you can do is ask.

I've bought several cat themed paintings from an independent painter called Wine and Whiskers. She honored the 20% discount, but I'm not sure all painters do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!