DVC Rental

oceanwave

Mouseketeer
We are renting a 2 bedroom villa soon and I would like clarification on what is included when you rent. We have only ever stayed at a DVC resort on cash bookings before so everything was replenished daily. I know that I will have to supply my own coffee, laundry detergent and bathroom supplies like soap, shampoo and conditioner. But what about dishwasher powder, washing up liquid, garbage bags and paper towels? Also if I want to request extra cleaning do I request the days I want at checkin?

Dishwasher powder will be ample (or always has been for us), as will dish detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags.

You'll want coffee filters as well. Salt and pepper.

Some people bring Lysol or some other cleaner. Or you can just wipe up with a squirt of dish detergent. There is a vaccuum in the closet. But other than a vaccuum and broom, a dish sponge and the dish and dishwasher detergent, and paper towels, there isn't a lot of cleaning products.

You don't have to supply everything. You'll have an initial supply in the room. Depending on your length of stay, certain items will be replenished on day 4 and day 8.

You will get an initial supply of shampoo, conditioner and soap.
What you get for shampoo, etc will be the same you get in a hotel room every day. But you'll only get it every four days. If you can make those tiny bottles of shampoo, etc last for four days, you won't need more. Coffee and laundry detergent will be replenished every four days. One box of detergent every four days. If you do more laundry than that, bring some from home. Same for coffee. If you need more than one small pot (4-6 cups per pot) every four days, bring your own filters and coffee.

If you didn't bring laundry detergent with you and you need more, you can go to the laundry room and buy 1 box from the vending machine.

My understanding is that if you run out of these things, you can call Housekeeping and they will bring more: dishwasher powder, dishwashing liquid for hand-washing dishes, garbage bags and paper towels.

When I was in a DVC villa in March, I got shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, bath soap and facial soap. It was a one-bedroom. There was one set of toiletries on the tub and another set on the shelf near the shower.

If you didn't bring laundry detergent with you and you need more, you can go to the laundry room and buy 1 box from the vending machine.

Also each DVC location is stocked in the gift shop with detergent, food, coffee/filters and toiletries.

Every time we have stayed, we have been able to get extra supplies, just call and ask.

Extra shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, towels, will cost you extra. You aren't staying in a hotel. You are staying in a timeshare and owners share all the costs of running the resort.

Every time we have stayed, we have been able to get extra supplies, just call and ask.

They SHOULD charge you. If they don't, you've been lucky. But the expectation should be that you are charged for extra shampoo, towels, coffee......that is the agreement you signed up for.

(They frequently don't, but the expectation should be that they will, so there are no surprises).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!