DVC Owning at Multiple Resorts

ScottNBecky

DIS Veteran
Here's my question. I know that by owning at SSR (160 pts.) and AKV (110 pts) we will have two separate accounts.

I understand that at the 11 mo. mark we can only use 160 pts for ressies at SSR and only use 110 pts. at AKV.

My qeustion is at the 7 mo. mark can we then combine points together?

Example: We make a ressie for AKV for June of 2008 and use all 110 pts. Then at the 7 mo. mark we can use some of our SSR points to add on days to stay at AKV?

Hope that is not too confusing. Thanks in advance

you can definitely do that.

or you can bank your points each year and stay at alternative resorts.

say 2007 you stayed at SSR banked your AKV points to 2008. then in 2008 you would have 220 to use at AKV. while you bank your SSR in 2008 for 2009. in 2009 you have 320 points for SSR.

I only have small add on - so I intend to bank my points. but so far I end up borrowing instead.

Here's my question. I know that by owning at SSR (160 pts.) and AKV (110 pts) we will have two separate accounts.

I understand that at the 11 mo. mark we can only use 160 pts for ressies at SSR and only use 110 pts. at AKV.

My qeustion is at the 7 mo. mark can we then combine points together?
Yes! That is the best thing about buying add-ons from Disney and not on the resale market. Both resorts are actually on the same member ID and at the 7 month window all of your points can be pooled and used together.

Thanks Spicey and Robin!!! I am still waiting for the points to actually show up in our account for our AKV add-on this past Sat.

Yes! That is the best thing about buying add-ons from Disney and not on the resale market. Both resorts are actually on the same member ID and at the 7 month window all of your points can be pooled and used together.

We have only one member ID but two different contract numbers, one for BCV and one for AKV. At 7 months we can use all points at any resort. We bought BCV resale and AKV from DVD. I don't see the advantage of only buying from DVD. :confused:

We have only one member ID but two different contract numbers, one for BCV and one for AKV. At 7 months we can use all points at any resort. We bought BCV resale and AKV from DVD. I don't see the advantage of only buying from DVD. :confused:
You bought your add-on from DVC so both resorts are under your BCV member ID. It doesn't matter where you bought your original contract as long as your add-on is purchased through DVC.

Here's an example of two contracts and two member IDs. Both of my original contracts were resales, one at OKW and one at BWV. I bought OKW first and then BWV a couple years later. Since I bought BWV on the resale market I received a second member ID as well as a second contract number. If I wanted to book something in the 7 month window and didn't have enough points on one contract/resort I could not simply combine points from the other contract/resort. I had to book in daily chunks. For instance, last year I stayed at SSR for three days and I had to use points from my OKW account for 2 full days (22 points, 11 points each) and my BWV account for 1 full day (21 points). If my BWV contract had been purchased through DVC, I could have used as many OKW points as I wanted and as many BWV points that I wanted to make the 41 point reservation. For instance, I could have used 5 points from OKW and 36 points from BWV. Sure, I could have transferred 36 points from my BWV account to my OKW account, but we are now restricted to only one transfer per calendar year and I regularly transfer between a friend and I need to save my transfer.

Having all your resorts on the same contract makes it easier to use the stray points that are fewer than one day and too late to bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter