DVC Member's Lounge?

I assume this is strictly for members only? We have family with us who are staying in a DVC room on our points but I assume they cannot join us?

I assume this is strictly for members only? We have family with us who are staying in a DVC room on our points but I assume they cannot join us?
As long as your total party is not larger than 6 (or 12 if there are 2 member cards) you should be fin.
it doesn't sound like immediate family is a necessity.
  • Valid Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in. The name on the Membership Card must match the name on the photo ID.
  • Party size is limited to the Member and up to 5 guests per Membership Card.
  • Guests and Associates must be accompanied by a Member with a valid Membership Card and photo ID.

Depends on which lounge:
The Member Lounge in Epcot does not require you to be staying on property.

The Top of the World Lounge at BLT requires you to be staying on property. On a select nights (7/3, 7/4, 12/30 & 12/31) you must be using your membership to stay at BLT to access the TOTWL.

Depends on which lounge:
The Member Lounge in Epcot does not require you to be staying on property.

The Top of the World Lounge at BLT requires you to be staying on property. On a select nights (7/3, 7/4, 12/30 & 12/31) you must be using your membership to stay at BLT to access the TOTWL.

I was referring to the EPCOT DVC lounge.

I would like to know about the lounge at BLT too. We have two rooms booked at BLT (both rooms on our points), one for us and one for my brother's family who are not DVC members. I assume they would need to be with us to use the lounge and watch the fireworks from the terrace at the top of BLT?

I would like to know about the lounge at BLT too. We have two rooms booked at BLT (both rooms on our points), one for us and one for my brother's family who are not DVC members. I assume they would need to be with us to use the lounge and watch the fireworks from the terrace at the top of BLT?
Probably wouldn't be an issue. On most nights, there really isn't a very large crowd for the TOTWL.

They might have trouble getting up to TOTWL without a DVC member card. Sometimes they allow it if the account accessed by MB indicates they are DVC members. But you could easily get them in if needed.

Would that be Disney Customer Relations or DVC customer relations? Thanks!

DVC......sorry if I said CM instead of MS. If DVC member services gets enough positive input it could maybe make a difference....although seeing all of the new things going on in Epcot, who knows? Can't say I'm sorry.....Epcot was due for an overhaul....looking forward to no more Universe of Energy. But the DVC lounge is just so amazing. Does anyone else remember the Wednesday member gatherings at the Atlantic Dance place on BoardWalk? For a while they did a survey of the people attending.....what is your favorite park? Epcot won by a landslide each time we went....3 times in one year. Wonder if that was a kind of "test" to see where DVC members went/liked most?

Will I be able to use the Epcot lounge without my husband? His name is on our card, not mine.

If DVC member services gets enough positive input it could maybe make a difference

All the perks are in place strictly to drive sales. As long as DVD feels the investment is worth it, the lounge will remain. When they no longer feel it's helping them sell, it will go away.

We would love to have experienced the Members Lounge, but now it seems unlikely that we will, despite trying on two separate occasions on our last trip; we could not get in, and we weren't traveling at a peak time either - goodness knows the trouble and strife over holiday periods! :( I hope it continues to be around for longer so we can experience it, as we seem to miss out on all the other DVC benefits regularly.

We got to stop in and enjoy it last September, which was great. Our sons first trip and he was on 7 months so it was great to cool him off in there. I was hoping they would have them in all the parks, but i guess the dont have the space so I get it. We will be sure to see it again in a month!

Will I be able to use the Epcot lounge without my husband? His name is on our card, not mine.

No, the cardholder must be present. I watched an associate member get turned away today.

If you are both owners (i.e. Both your names are on the deed) you can request your own card with your name on it from member services or if you have an online account yourself you can access the digital card there

All the perks are in place strictly to drive sales. As long as DVD feels the investment is worth it, the lounge will remain. When they no longer feel it's helping them sell, it will go away.

Yes and no. Disney is also big on satisfaction ratings. After a few years of cutting benefits to members, satisfaction rates droppped. It got a great deal of attention. Things like this help prop up satisfaction ratings.

They don't hurt sales, but the help is minimal. What really drives direct sales is ticket offers and the park events. Granted a savvy purchaser will buy resale if it makes sense and then do a 25 point add on to get the full benefits.

Most of the member extras are "feel good" events but they are also used to make resale buyers feel like second class citizens. I find it interesting that DVD works with selected resale brokers to sell some of their resale contracts, again proving that it's all about making money.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter