DVC - Maid service, Towels, etc

Love That Stitch

Stitch Kingdom!
We are brand new DVC members and are trying to understand the service you get at resorts. We are staying at OKW for a week. What do we get?

Maid service? I know not everyday but at least once on a week stay?
Coffee, dishwashing stuff, laundry detergent - do they restock these or should we bring our own?

Towels - If they don't come everyday is there somewhere you can get extra towels? If not how many do they give you in a room? We are staying in a 2bedroom.

Anything else we should bring for ourselves?
Thanks.

Maid service? I know not everyday but at least once on a week stay?
You will get trash and towel service on day 4 of your stay (counting the day you check in as day 1), and if you are staying more than 7 nights, you will get a full cleaning on that day and Trash and Towel on day 8.

Coffee, dishwashing stuff, laundry detergent - do they restock these or should we bring our own?
They will provide one or two coffee packs, for start up, but if you want it daily, you should bring your own. Same with the laundry soap...one box for one load, but bring or buy your own if you need more. There will be plenty of dishwashing detergent, both for hand and machine washing. There will also be paper towels provided in the kitchen and plenty of kitchen ware and pots and pans. There will be a vacuum, broom, mop, kitchen towels, dish cloths etc.

If you choose to have fresh towels daily, you can choose to order extra towel packs for $6 (? not sure about this cost), or just wash them yourselves in your own laundry room. We love the real laundry room in the units at OKW! It's like having an extra room that the other DCV resorts don't have.
Towels - If they don't come everyday is there somewhere you can get extra towels? If not how many do they give you in a room? We are staying in a 2bedroom.
See the above answer for part of this. In a 2 bedroom, you will have 8 bath towels, 8 hand towels, 8 wash cloths and 3 bath mats. We usually hang our towels and re-use them just as we do at home, but if you choose to wash them, it is very easy to throw them in the washer before you leave in the morning and in the dryer when you return for a mid-day break.

I believe that 2 bedrooms get 8 bath, 4 hand and 8 washcloths, although we have often had a few extra in our rooms. You can get dish soaps and paper towels replenished if you run out. Sometimes we have received additional coffee and laundry soap on trash and towel day, but that is beyond what is supposed to happen, so, as Diane says, bring or buy your own (don't forget basket style coffee filters, too!) Sugar and fake cream is in the room and you can get more if needed. Salt and pepper is not provided.

I believe that 2 bedrooms get 8 bath, 4 hand and 8 washcloths, although we have often had a few extra in our rooms.

I always get confused about that, because at OKW we usually get 8 of everything, but I do know we have had less hand towels at the other resorts.

Not to sound negative, but when you first check in, make sure all the items you are supposed to have are there. We didn't have any dishwasher powder stocked on our visit to BWV, and the store there doesn't sell any. I asked the CM and was told they don't stock it for purchase anymore.

Not to sound negative, but when you first check in, make sure all the items you are supposed to have are there. We didn't have any dishwasher powder stocked on our visit to BWV, and the store there doesn't sell any. I asked the CM and was told they don't stock it for purchase anymore.

The resort should provide whatever dishwasher detergent is needed, just like liquid dish soap, trash bags, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. It's not a consumable that guests are required to replenish themselves.

We didn't find any in our room once and a call to housekeeping took care of that problem.

I believe that 2 bedrooms get 8 bath, 4 hand and 8 washcloths, although we have often had a few extra in our rooms. You can get dish soaps and paper towels replenished if you run out. Sometimes we have received additional coffee and laundry soap on trash and towel day, but that is beyond what is supposed to happen, so, as Diane says, bring or buy your own (don't forget basket style coffee filters, too!) Sugar and fake cream is in the room and you can get more if needed. Salt and pepper is not provided.

We've been uneven on condiments - sometimes there is sugar and fake cream in excess of what is included in the "coffee pack" (which is enough for a day), sometimes not. So we bring sugar and buy half and half (or whole milk) from the store. Sometimes someone has left packets of salt and pepper (I'm sure purloined from Pecos Bills or another of Disney's fine dining establishments) that the maid has left behind - usually not. Same with ketchup - sometimes purloined packets have been left behind - usually not. So, our rule is if we ingest it, we bring it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter