DVC housekeeping tip

Kt75

Mouseketeer
I saw that some ppl leave a daily tip for housekeeping but wasn't sure how that applies to DVC and especially with the daily 'trash' removal? Prior to us renting DVC points, we were going to tip daily. What is the suggested days I should tip? Staying at BRV 9 days/8 nites (1st nite is a late nite arrival.)

If you want to tip, you can tip on just the days that housekeeping will service your room (and your checkout day if desired). The person who cleans your room on the last day is not necessarily the same person who cleans it during your stay.

Since you're staying 9 days/8 nights, you'll get full cleaning service on day 4 (arrival date counts as day 1 even if you arrive late that day). Then on day 8 you'll get trash & towel service.

You might want to put your tip in an envelope, write "For Housekeeping" (or something similar) on the front, and leave it on a bed side table not near any wastebasket.

In case you haven't rented DVC points before, here are the details of the housekeeping services.

Trash & Towel Service:
Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins (trash removal done daily now)
Provide fresh bathroom linens
Replace bath amenities as needed
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners

Full-Cleaning Service:
Includes everything included with Trash & Towel Service, plus the following:
Change the bed linens
Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
Clean the bathroom(s)
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes

Well they must not be paid enough, or they wouldn't have a shortage of them.

We always opt of out house keeping, we just grab fresh towels if we want them.

Well they must not be paid enough, or they wouldn't have a shortage of them.
It's an unskilled job. It doesn't require a lot of money. They get pretty good benefits. Lots of college program kids do housekeeping.

It's an unskilled job. It doesn't require a lot of money. They get pretty good benefits. Lots of college program kids do housekeeping.
Still think if they upped the wage, there would be less of a shortage of housekeepers, how much less, who knows? I don't see it getting any better, but I am transitioning into DVC rooms stays now, verses regular resort stays that I have been used to in the past, so it might not effect me as much.

Still think if they upped the wage, there would be less of a shortage of housekeepers, how much less, who knows? I don't see it getting any better, but I am transitioning into DVC rooms stays now, verses regular resort stays that I have been used to in the past, so it might not effect me as much.
Likely not, it's hard work and a lot of people don't want to work that hard. I don't tip unless they do something extra because it is formally not a tipped position. That said, they often do something extra.

Likely not, it's hard work and a lot of people don't want to work that hard. I don't tip unless they do something extra because it is formally not a tipped position. That said, they often do something extra.
No doubt its hard work. No way I would do it at 10.50 an hour, with Walmart at 11.00? But dag gum, we are loving this one-bedroom at HH. Lol.

No doubt its hard work. No way I would do it at 10.50 an hour, with Walmart at 11.00? But dag gum, we are loving this one-bedroom at HH. Lol.
Specific to HH, while I'm not sure how it stands now, a few years ago Marriott was having trouble getting people to do housekeeping. They ended up bringing in a crew from the Caribbean for the summer.

Glad you are enjoying your stay. What’s the weather like?

Specific to HH, while I'm not sure how it stands now, a few years ago Marriott was having trouble getting people to do housekeeping. They ended up bringing in a crew from the Caribbean for the summer.
Not surprising .

The weather has been great. A little stormy tonight . Not too bad . Crazy crab was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter