DVC Dooney & Bourke back for sale on 7/17!

Is there a reason these particular prints sell out so fast? Low supply? Disney Store seems to keep the other prints in stock all the time and I would think a DVC specific one would have less appeal.
Re-sellers, and not just on ebay.
In my opinion, Disney only encourages this market by allowing more than one purchase per membership.

On the west coast. Purses weren't available at 12:15 am. 1:06 am the middle size one (letter carrier?) was already sold out. The other two were available. Seemed pretty fishy to me. Very disappointed!

Re-sellers, and not just on ebay.
In my opinion, Disney only encourages this market by allowing more than one purchase per membership.
I guess what I'm trying to figure out though is why this isn't occurring with other Disney Dooney & Bourke bags. Why the DVC one? Just rare?

On the west coast. Purses weren't available at 12:15 am. 1:06 am the middle size one (letter carrier?) was already sold out. The other two were available. Seemed pretty fishy to me. Very disappointed!
Exactly. I was up late and they were not there and when I got up they were gone. That's some crap for the West Coast.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out though is why this isn't occurring with other Disney Dooney & Bourke bags. Why the DVC one? Just rare?
It does happen with the other D&B bags. We don't hear about it as they're not marketed to us in the same fashion. Those that you see on Disney's website are typically the ones that they created some time back or have a pattern that just isn't as popular.

For those that missed it this morning, seems like they are available again right now!

Oh my goodness! Thank you soooo much for posting this. I ordered the shopper! I kept thinking it wouldn't go through, but I got the confirmation email. Interestingly, the DVC member website said "sold out", but they were there in Disney store.com. Can't thank you enough!

Thank you to the original poster. I tried to buy one the first time these bags were being sold with no luck. I was able to buy two this time in two different styles. I made my purchase at approximately 5:45AM this morning. I'm a happy camper! :)

I think there must have been a glitch with the original link as it still says all three are sold out. I was able to go to Disney store.com and then put DVC in the search section. Scroll thru a couple of pages and the bags will then come up. I got the DVC discount and free shipping with the Ship50 code. I ended up ordering the letter carrier version.

I think there must have been a glitch with the original link as it still says all three are sold out. I was able to go to Disney store.com and then put DVC in the search section. Scroll thru a couple of pages and the bags will then come up. I got the DVC discount and free shipping with the Ship50 code. I ended up ordering the letter carrier version.

Did you do that just now? It is also showing all sold out for me. I meant to buy one but totally forgot to set a reminder :(

I was able to get the Letter Carrier Bag with the free shipping just now. Super big thank you to RweTHEREyet for the tip!! :worship:

Since there's a lot of dooney enthusiasts here, I want to buy one but I'm not sure of the lasting quality. I have my eye on either the Haunted Mansion crossbody or the Collage Crossbody. They're both listed as being "coated cotton" which concerns me for the price. Should I instead look for one that's full leather? I'd hate to spend so much on a bag and worry about it getting damaged all the time. Thanks in advance

I have an older version of a Haunted Mansion cross body in the coated cotton, and I love it! I've had it for quite awhile and have used it frequently, and it still looks brand new. I wouldn't worry.

All 3 are available again right now. Get your orders in! (because we NEED these things!! ;))

Also does anyone else feel like you aren’t *really* saving 20% with your DVC discount? For example, most of the letter carrier style Disney Dooney & Bourke bags are $158. This one is $198, but with 20% off it’s $158.40. I am fine with the price and have been wanting one for a while, but yeah just observed that :rotfl2:

You mean that retailers mark up prices artificially so they can then give you a "discount" and collect what they wanted to charge in the first place but make you feel like you're getting a deal? Say it isn't so!! ;) (I'm ESPECIALLY talking about you, Kohls..)

Oh my goodness! Thank you soooo much for posting this. I ordered the shopper! I kept thinking it wouldn't go through, but I got the confirmation email. Interestingly, the DVC member website said "sold out", but they were there in Disney store.com. Can't thank you enough!

Thank you to the original poster. I tried to buy one the first time these bags were being sold with no luck. I was able to buy two this time in two different styles. I made my purchase at approximately 5:45AM this morning. I'm a happy camper! :)

So glad you guys were able to pick some up today! I was lucky to grab one last time due to someone posting about it on FB. Just wanted to pay it forward!

I have an older version of a Haunted Mansion cross body in the coated cotton, and I love it! I've had it for quite awhile and have used it frequently, and it still looks brand new. I wouldn't worry.

Well I know what I'm asking the BF to get my for my birthday :) I'll have to look at them in person just to be sure of which one I like the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter