Duck tales the movie

old lady

DIS Veteran
Has anyone recall seeing it at theaters? It was considered a bomb, which is why there aren't any other Disney afternoon cartoons made into movie? What are your views on it?

Duck Tales was pretty great in general and the movie was a quality entry, though it kind of rehashed some of the episodes. Still, it was very good.

They actually did do one other Disney Afternoon show as a theatrical movie, A Goofy Movie, which was basically a Goof Troop movie, and also one of the best movies ever made in human history. Duck Tales was a better show, but Goofy got the better film.

I have a very vague memory of it, though it is likely we saw it on Disney Channel. I was fairly anti-Disney in my teen years.

They actually did do one other Disney Afternoon show as a theatrical movie, A Goofy Movie, which was basically a Goof Troop movie, and also one of the best movies ever made in human history. Duck Tales was a better show, but Goofy got the better film.

Yep, and it got a sequel, An Extremely Goofy Movie. Max was aged to a teen in part because of the death of his original voice actress.

Always liked The Ducktales Movie, Disney must have as well, Aladdin (which was released 2 years later) seemed to reuse chunks of the plot.

Yep, and it got a sequel, An Extremely Goofy Movie. Max was aged to a teen in part because of the death of his original voice actress.

Always liked The Ducktales Movie, Disney must have as well, Aladdin (which was released 2 years later) seemed to reuse chunks of the plot.

Wow, I never realized that about the voice actress. I just thought they wanted to jump ahead a couple of years for the story.

An Extremely Goofy Movie wasn't really as good. It was on a direct-to-video budget and they couldn't write original songs. It's okay, but nowhere near the caliber of the first one.

Last edited:
I guess it was direct-to-video, for some reason I recall it making it to the theaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter