• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dry Dock..Early Boarding?

Twinave

<font color=teal>Just keep swimming, just keep swi
Has anyone out there ever sailed on either the Magic or Wonder on the first cruise out of dry dock?
My sister and I are thinking of letting our hubbys have the fun of standing with the children in line waiting for boarding, while we drive our cars back to the Raddison and hop the shuttle back. This is what we did last year and it worked out great. We got to the port around 10 am, and boarded about noon.
But if they let people on board early because there are no disembarking passengers, then we may have to change our plans a bit.

Thanks, Ave'

Originally posted by Twinave
But if they let people on board early because there are no disembarking passengers, then we may have to change our plans a bit.

Twinave--

That's a great question. I would think that they still may delay the boarding process until the regular time though. Just to maintain the flow of the process and all. If they allow people to board early, they may feel the need to offer food and entertainment earlier as well. I'm sure that this could be done, but it would probably just be easier for them to hold off on the boarding until noon as usual.

Ave',

Maybe I should have posted this on our 10/11 thread. I did ask about early board while on board last week and I was told that boarding would start at about 11:45am. I was told that even though the ship will be back in port on Friday that the crew will have a lot of work to do to get the ship ready.

Dan

11:45 a.m. sounds good to me! :bounce:
Maybe we'll drop our kids off so Mary and Ave's hubbies can watch them too! ;) :smooth:

Thanks to everyone who responded!
ThreeCircles, You are the only one to respond that is not cruiseing on the 10/11/03 trip. Or are you? :p
I agree; 11:45 sounds good to me!!! Just want to know when we should re-join our hubbys and kids.
Thanks again!
Twinave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter