Driving to disney parks from Windsor Palms.

M&M mom

Mouseketeer
Hello!
I found a house in Windsor Palms that seems to be great for our family but I am concerned about driving. We have only ever stayed on Disney property so I never had this issue before. My children are older now and we require more space so a house off site seems to be a good idea. Is it difficult driving from Windsor Palms to the parks and to the airport. This is my only concern with staying off site. Please help me decide what to do.

No it's pretty easy. There is a back way on Sherbeth Rd. It's takes you into Disney by animal kingdom. We stayed at Windsor palms in Feb

It's very easy to get to Disney. From the airport we usually take the south exit which goes to 417 and then take exit 2 at Celebration. (Usually a lot less traffic than on I 4. )Go west on 192. Use a gps and you should have no problem. Study a map before you go. Here's my google map with the Sheberth shortcut marked in blue from Windsor Palms (#13). Go from blue to red or blue to green to red. There's a little patch of dirt road on the blue just before the red. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=28.346388999999988,-81.57005300000003&spn=0.168603,0.308647&hl=en&msa=0&z=12&ie=UTF8&mid=1aRuXZ9U1ePA-F-kfM_faXt4x5Oc

Is using Sheberth Rd actually faster to get to all the parks? Is doesn't look like it would save that much time. We are also staying at WP in November.

We've stayed at Windsor Palms numerous times. It is quick and easy to get to Disney property. In fact, you will often be there faster than if you were staying at a Disney hotel, especially from AK. Even from DHS and Epcot, guests could still be waiting for a bus when you are already in your car and most of the way back to the house.

Whether or not Sherberth Rd is quicker to all of the parks really depends on traffic. 192 can get pretty busy at peak times and you will save time avoiding it.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I booked the house so looks like we will be driving to the parks!

Thank you everyone for your comments. I booked the house so looks like we will be driving to the parks!
You won't be sorry. Staying offsite is so much nicer than onsite and with your own car, you'll find you waste far less time getting around.

I use Sherberth for AK and World Drive for the other parks. Last time I was at Windsor Palms (last year) I literally got to the AK parking lot in 5 minutes from Windsor Palms, and the MK parking lot in 15 minutes. I don't think there is a way you could do that if you were on property.

Is using Sheberth Rd actually faster to get to all the parks? Is doesn't look like it would save that much time. We are also staying at WP in November.
It only saves time for Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach.

I use Sherberth for AK and World Drive for the other parks. Last time I was at Windsor Palms (last year) I literally got to the AK parking lot in 5 minutes from Windsor Palms, and the MK parking lot in 15 minutes. I don't think there is a way you could do that if you were on property.
So many people don't understand that. It is actually FASTER to reach the parks from offsite than it is from onsite in many cases.

You will love having the freedom of your own car. We stay at Bonnet Creek every year and we still don't mess with the shuttles. Driving around Disney is a breeze and everything is labeled pretty well with road signage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter