Driving Questions

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
Dh and I are probably driving for our October trip and I have a few questions. Anyone have the exact milleage from their last trip. Maybe from the border via I 79 through to I95?

Also anyone have an estimate on what they spent on gas? We have a full size sedan usually a full tank gets me a little more than 500k on the highway.

Thanks

We took my moms minivan in 2001 and we filled up every 500K and that was roughly at half a tank. It ranged from 10.00 US to 5 dollars US in Valdosta it was cheap gas there at 79 cents a gallon. We travelled at about 110KPH hope this helps. This was also going 401 to I75 from London to Disney

According to our trip log from last year it was 2022 kms from the Lewiston Bridge to WDW. I was driving a 2002 Pontiac Montana and spent approximately $285 in gas for the whole trip (including shopping trips, etc. in Orlando but excluding gas used to get from Ottawa to Waterloo where I picked up a friend who came with us...that added another 1000 km and extra gas onto our whole trip). We payed anywhere from $1.195/gal in Georgia to $1.669/gal in Florida last year. Hope this helps you with your budgeting. :)

Hate to be a downer on you but the price of gas has increased dramatically in the US and I think you will find the 2002 prices a bit off.
With all these cut-throat prices being issued by the likes of Air Transat (from $59+taxes each way thru December and in October Jetsgo offering similar)I think it might make sense to look at flying and renting a car .You can also save a couple of valuable days that can be used in WDW instead of driving....as well as the wear and tear on your car engine... and your brain!:)

Originally our plan was to fly but there were no good fares for the time we were going (we usually fly from Buffalo). The kicker about the $59 sale is that the taxes are $187 so that means its now over $300 a person.

Also we are camping this trip which is the biggest reason we are driving.

I appreciate all the feedback so keep it coming.

Driving is the ONLY way to go! (Particularly if you have a fear of flying, or in my case, a fear of dying in a plane crash). Shopping, seeing the sites, seeing the leaves turn from the local reds and oranges to greens to palms! The anticipation builds on a car trip in a way that flying just can't match. I love going in October, and feeling those warm balmy breezes when you hit North or South Carolina - can you beat Savannah, Georgia in the fall? Going from the defroster to a/c, listening to local radio... I envy you!

Gas prices are falling - by October, I'll bet you're into the 1.50 - 1.60/gallon range. And even if the gas price isn't in the same lower range that it has been in recently, the HUGE rise in the CDN $ (almost 10 cents better than this time last year) more than makes up for it!

Need a navigator?

Just use

www.mapquest.com

It will chart the distance and direction to the km. I did it by postal codes/zip codes last week to Hilton Head and was very happy. They even estimate time including stops.

Basically It was 1600 km to Savannah.

How do you get directions from a place in Ontario?
tigercat

Just go to directions and follow the instructions. Put in either the address/postal codes/zip codes.

Very simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter