Driving from Detroit in November with tots???

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
We'll be heading down to WDW as DVC members for our first trip, from November 7-14. We had initially assumed we'd be flying but I've been checking prices and it's averaging $300 pp.

I'm wondering if anyone can share with me, their experiences driving down to Florida in November. We have a 3 and 5 year old and will be making the trip in a minivan if we drive.

Can anyone provide for me, the good, the bad, etc, how long has your driving trip been, and so on.

thanks for any input you can provide.

Deb

We drove from Chicago in January, 03 and overall it was a very positive experience. We stopped overnight just before Atlanta, GA on the way down and near Memphi, TN on the way back. Actual driving time was about 23 hours (not taking into account the hours lost stopping overnight). We have a minivan, TV/VCR for the kids, cooler stocked with juice pouches and munchies, snacks, Gameboy, Leap Pad, crayons, coloring books, etc. Our DD's were 6, 4 and 1 1/2. We wouldn't hesitate to do it again, in fact, we're driving down again in October. When our girls are older we will probably drive straight through because we've done that in the past before we had kids and it was a little easier, but while the kids are small we feel we have to stop. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter