Drinking Around WS....

callaghan

Mouseketeer
I thought this might be the best place to pose this question, so here goes....
Can we carry drinks (margaritas, beer, etc.) from one country to another? Thanks
callie

When we first went to Epcot 12-13 years ago, you couldn't, but Epcot has really changed since then--you can buy wine and beer at many if not most of the countries, and it's fine to stroll from country to country with your drink.

You can have the drinks everywhere except for on the rides.
Between my dad, mom, bf and me we are going to try to conquer the beers of the world. I'll let you know how it goes.

We always have and never had anyone tell us we couldn't. I would guess you can't take them into the attractions, but I've carried drinks through several of the shops without incident.

DH and I love to eat/drink our way around WS when we visit Epcot. Usually start with margaritas in Mexico and end with dinner and bottle of wine in France watching the light show. Occasionally we make it over to the Rose & Crown for a beer and some entertainment before dinner. I think we'll have to try to make it all the way to Canada when we visit in August. I've heard the steakhouse is pretty good. We're also planning on doing the food and wine festival in October for the first time and are really looking forward to it.:D

Just got back from disney.....

My friend and I started off with a margaritta in Mexico (they are awsome drinks)... and tried drinks throughout the world and finished off with a Labatt Blue light in Canada.... every country has a drink to fit their country (most of them are purchased at a stand outside each specific country....)

ENJOY!!!!

I love eating and drinking around the countries. It is my favorite part of every Disney trip. I am curious to know what everyone enjoys the most about the food, drinks and entertainment. I am always looking for new suggestions to try.
My favorite drink is the margarita
beer- the Chinese one
outside the pavilion food - the veg lo mein in China,
and the nachos at Mexico
restaurant - Japan
show- candy lady in front of Japan and acrobats
in China
sitting place - bench in front of the pub
at England
Ride - Norway

I am leaving on May 3rd
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by airplane
I love eating and drinking around the countries. It is my favorite part of every Disney trip. I am curious to know what everyone enjoys the most about the food, drinks and entertainment.

For an interesting taste sensation, eat in Norway and have an Akvavit with dinner. Apparently, the Norwegians are one of only a few cultures that like to drink the hard stuff with dinner rather than as an aperitif or digestion aid. It's a clear liquor that tastes a little like liquorice, but amazingly it actually complements that type of food (vinegary cold salads, cheese, meatballs . . . good hearty Nordic food).

Other EPCOT taste sensations: calamari in Italy (comes with not just the rings, but the little critter heads too!); sushi in Japan (on a hot day, instead of sake or Asahi with it, try the orange flavored specialty cocktail; don't know what it's called, but it goes down great with the eel roll and overlooking the world showcase).

Have fun.

The International Cast Members call it 'Drinking Around the World'. Typically saved for a Saturday night off you just happened to get off together or for after the graduation ceremonies from the WDWIP in the morning.

You go, you drink one or more in each country and see how you feel by the end of it. From what I can remember of those times ;) , it's a fantastic way to visit Epcot. We always planned it so we would end up in Canada when Illuminations began - how that always seemed to work out, I don't know?

Does anyone have a list of beers that are offered in each country? I think I have some of the more obvious ones such as Bass and Harp in UK and Kirin in Japan, but I'm looking for a complete listl.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a list I have (though it may not be complete). It's not real current, but I get the impression they don't change their beer selection too often.

EPCOT Beers

-- Mexico: Dos Equis Lager; Bohemia Beer; Dos Equis Amber; Tecate Beer; Sol Beer
-- Norway: Ringnes
-- China: Tsing Tao
-- Germany: Beck's
-- Italy: Peroni
-- America: Sam Adams; Bud; Bud Light
-- Japan: Kirin Ichiban; Kirin Lager
-- Morocco: Casablanca
-- France: LaBelle’s beer
-- United Kingdom - Harp; Guinness; Bass
-- Canada - Moosehead; Molson; Labatt’s Blue

Fiance and I were thinking of doing this, how much should we budget. To get from Mexico to Canada? :earseek:

My DH will love love love having beers "around the world" !!!:drinking1

I'm guessing that the prices are typical for a Disney resort - like $5-6 a beer? anyone know for sure?

We are really looking forward to the Food & Wine Festival!

Originally posted by overwhelmed
I'm guessing that the prices are typical for a Disney resort - like $5-6 a beer? anyone know for sure?

That's about right. They are about $5-6 a drink. its not cheap, but its definitely fun.

Drink around the world then go ride Mission: Space...:crazy:

And stay away from the Sake in Japan.....it's just nasty.

I LOVE doing this, it's such a great way to see everything in EPCOT and have fun! We usually start in Mexico and end up in Canada for dinner. We have some really interesting pictures of us in Canada looking, well, pretty well soused. I love the Imperial Sampler in the UK, it's a nice break to sit in the pub and have 5 beers, Bass, Harp, Guinness, Tennent(sp?) and Boddington. That has to be my favorite, with the Chinese beer and an egg roll a close second.

I'm so excited... this is a tradition that I do every year. And this year's trip is only a few days away. Cheers to WDW!!!

:wave2: princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter