Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Becoming a Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent - 11/28

I absolutely loved this episode. I am an uber planner and I love to book and plan people's trips to Disneyworld for them. However, I am NOT a travel agent. Oh, how I wish I could be! I have not been blessed with the skill set needed for that job. Nor is there currently time in my life to develop that skill set. I loved how they pulled back the curtain and gave a peek inside as to what it takes to be a travel agent. There are so many misconceptions out there. I know I have thought about taking the plunge a time or two, but in the end I always realized that wasn't where I was called to be.

Thanks for a great episode guys!

Quite possibly the most important detail in this entire video was relegated to the last 15 seconds and glossed over. Dreams Unlimited provides the clients....Ummm maybe expand on that a bit?
Most agents have to find their own clients. Dreams is big enough and popular enough that they have a solid amount of people inquiring about booking trips. It's a big hustle for most because you have to be on top of your game. So many people have had BAD travel Agent interactions that you are also working against that. If Dreams is providing the clients you're likely going to be fine within a year when it comes to your salary.

Last edited:

Quite possibly the most important detail in this entire video was relegated to the last 15 seconds and glossed over. Dreams Unlimited provides the clients....Ummm maybe expand on that a bit?

I'm sorry you thought we 'glossed over' this - I thought we covered it quite well.

Agents at Dreams Unlimited Travel do not have to go out and gather their own leads/clients; we have systems and processes in place that provide our agents with their leads.

Many other Travel Agencies (I can't speak for all) expect the agent to bring in their own business. So imagine now you have to not only provide service to your client but you have to continually look for ways to get new clients to sustain and grow your business. That means spending money on advertising and working to cultivate new clients and leads.

Dreams Unlimited Travel takes care of that for our agents.

Now some Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents can, and do, bring in their own leads (families, friends, etc) but it's not necessary for them to do so. We have many highly successful agents who do not bring in their own leads/clients.

One thing I do think a lot of people applying missed is that we are looking for people who can dedicate themselves 'full time' to being an agent. If you cannot do that you will most likely not be considered as we are not looking for anyone to do this 'part time'.

I'm sorry you thought we 'glossed over' this - I thought we covered it quite well.

Agents at Dreams Unlimited Travel do not have to go out and gather their own leads/clients; we have systems and processes in place that provide our agents with their leads.

Many other Travel Agencies (I can't speak for all) expect the agent to bring in their own business. So imagine now you have to not only provide service to your client but you have to continually look for ways to get new clients to sustain and grow your business. That means spending money on advertising and working to cultivate new clients and leads.

Dreams Unlimited Travel takes care of that for our agents.

Now some Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents can, and do, bring in their own leads (families, friends, etc) but it's not necessary for them to do so. We have many highly successful agents who do not bring in their own leads/clients.

One thing I do think a lot of people applying missed is that we are looking for people who can dedicate themselves 'full time' to being an agent. If you cannot do that you will most likely not be considered as we are not looking for anyone to do this 'part time'.

No problem John - It's just a major difference. Thanks for the quick reply.

I think this did a great job of explaining to people the being a Dreams agent seems like a dream, but it isn't for everyone. I remember Kevin talking about going from an office to working at home and trying not to watch Lucy all day. I think the knowledge and passion are needed, but you may have burst some peoples bubble with the reality of how hard agents work keeping up to date on discounts and packages as well as every change that happens.

I'd love to apply, but couldn't financially pull it off.

The key to working at home is to have dedicated office space and not try to work from your kitchen or bedroom. I just transitioned to working from home and I have an office in my basement away from everything and everyone. I forget that I am at home and am completely engrossed in my work. Creating an office-like environment is very helpful to keep you focused.

The key to working at home is to have dedicated office space and not try to work from your kitchen or bedroom. I just transitioned to working from home and I have an office in my basement away from everything and everyone. I forget that I am at home and am completely engrossed in my work. Creating an office-like environment is very helpful to keep you focused.
All great tips!

I thought you covered this part quite well in the video. To be a top-notch agent, you do have to be able to be on top of the myriad changes that Disney likes to throw at the market. And in order to do that, you really have to be 'full time'.

I'm in the process of applying and just want to make sure I've crossed my T's and dotted my I's and just wanted to clarify - At the top of the application page it clearly says "Red indicated mandatory field" and at the bottom it says "Please review all data on this form before submitting. If any mandatory fields are left blank you will receive an error message and all of the information will be erased and have to be entered again."

The reason I'm after clarification is there are many red questions, for example "Have you ever used the Disney Dining Plan?" with a drop down menu for selecting yes or no. I've selected no, as I haven't used the plan, however the following question is also in red, asking "If yes, what do you like or dislike about it?"

Do I need to enter something in this field, despite my previous answer being no? Common sense tells me that no I don't enter anything in there, however it's red and therefore a mandatory field. I'd hate to press submit with it left empty and to receive an error message meaning I have to start again!

Thank you :goodvibes

I'm in the process of applying and just want to make sure I've crossed my T's and dotted my I's and just wanted to clarify - At the top of the application page it clearly says "Red indicated mandatory field" and at the bottom it says "Please review all data on this form before submitting. If any mandatory fields are left blank you will receive an error message and all of the information will be erased and have to be entered again."

The reason I'm after clarification is there are many red questions, for example "Have you ever used the Disney Dining Plan?" with a drop down menu for selecting yes or no. I've selected no, as I haven't used the plan, however the following question is also in red, asking "If yes, what do you like or dislike about it?"

Do I need to enter something in this field, despite my previous answer being no? Common sense tells me that no I don't enter anything in there, however it's red and therefore a mandatory field. I'd hate to press submit with it left empty and to receive an error message meaning I have to start again!

Thank you :goodvibes

If you indicate 'no' the 'follow-up' field is not mandatory.

Very good information.

Have you already received all the applications that you are looking for regarding these positions?

The link is telling me that Dreams is not accepting applications at this time.

Have you already received all the applications that you are looking for regarding these positions?

The link is telling me that Dreams is not accepting applications at this time.

There is no plans to stop accepting applications any time soon.

Can you tell me the link you're going to?

I really enjoyed this show, as well. I think you did a great job explaining how important it was to realize this is a full time job, but it sounds like you can't ever have free time as an agent. I would think you could create an on call system for travel emergencies, where a certain agent was on duty for everyone, and rotate around. That's how the virtual school operates, because they are open 24/7. I would love to do this, but I'm not in a position to give so much of my time to a career, with a child at home still. I wonder how the agents really feel about this time requirement.

This show was so informative! And it made me realize that as much as I would love helping people plan their Disney trips, it just isn't something I could dedicate the time and energy to right now. I appreciate all of the info, though, in case this becomes something I'd like to pursue in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts