Dream it Forward

Docmom

Mouseketeer
Just got an email about the new Dream it Forward promotion. Anyone know any more details? It says "Each family you introduce will now receive a special offer to save while experiencing the magic of Membership firsthand."

So the buyer gets something while the current member does not. In the past referring members received money if allowed by their home state laws.

:earsboy: Bill

Just another way to coerce contact info from you to pump Disney's Sales Engine.

I think that the referring member gets a special experience as well if I am reading it correctly...

Yes, it says (depending on the state laws of where you live) that the referring member gets a "special experience" if the person they referred buys within a year. Wish they were more specific on what the referred person gets - a discounted stay at a DVC resort, etc. Easier to ask people if they are interested if you are giving them specifics vs someone is going to hound you to buy a timeshare!

I think the "special offer" is only worth $120.00, so not a great deal for current owners.

Looks like a minimum $120 value for the "experience," according to the T&C document.

My frustration with this stupid promotion is that most states are excluded from participation. My DH and I have personally "sold" almost 3,000 DVC points to friends, but because we live in a state that doesn't participate, there is no incentive. Heck, just this morning my husband texted me to ask for our guides' info/phone, as a guy at work wants to buy. What have we got? ........ some of the worst room assignments imaginable. I didn't even know there was one lonely room at VWL that didn't have a balcony until it was assigned to us! LOL. There are more examples, but I'll stop my rant. Bad promotion in my opinion.

I guess it all depends on what we perceive as special. Me and Cinderella in her castle for an evening would be very special.

I would be promoting the heck out of DVC!

And don't even think of it like THAT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter