DOUBLETREE

Disneygrammie1953

Earning My Ears
Anyone stayed here? Can you walk to DS as they say or is it a 3 mile walk.
Also the shuttle they say it runs every 30 min .
Also could you go to DS and take a Disney bus from there?? like the idea that they have suites gives a little more privacy for sleeping kids..
thanks.

- Stayed a few times, recent was less than 2 years ago after their suite renovation.
- Yes you can walk and it is less than a mile, 15 minutes walk.
- Yes shuttle runs that often.
- Yes you can take a Disney bus from Disney Springs to Disney hotels. NO bus goes from DS to a park.
- Love Doubletree Suites and the way their rooms are designed. Renovation was well done.
- If you are not HHonors, check via Mousesavers, often have discounts and free continental breakfast via them.

Last edited:
The DoubleTree Suites is my favorite hotel. I've stayed 40+ nights there over the past 18 months. I agree with everything HopperFan wrote.

The other huge benefit of this hotel is that you can easily walk to multiple restaurants in the Crossroads Shopping area. Places like: McDonalds, Perkins, Firehouse Subs, Flippers Pizza, and several others. These restaurants are much cheaper than anything you will find on Disney property. It's a great way to stretch a budget.

Hopperfan. So if you took a bus from Disney springs you could go to say Polynesian then take monorail from there then do same for return if u didn't take hotel shuttle? it's just so expense to stay in park but is it worth no fast passes and more Disney lol

Hopperfan. So if you took a bus from Disney springs you could go to say Polynesian then take monorail from there then do same for return if u didn't take hotel shuttle? it's just so expense to stay in park but is it worth no fast passes and more Disney lol

Yes, you may take a bus from Disney Springs to a resort. So bus to Polynesian or Grand Floridian then monorail to MK but it's easier to take bus to Contemporary and then walk to Magic Kingdom.

BUT if you are trying to go in the morning, then there won't be any buses at DS heading out until DS is open and operating so not until at 10 am. You would have lost hours of valuable park time when it's least crowded. I would not go this route in mornings. Now I have done the reverse.

The Disney Springs buses are really good and unless they have stopped running at night, I would just use them.

If you do the EMH in the evening a 10 am bus from DS is just fine :)

MK - take the bus to the CR - walk to MK in 10 minutes
EPCOT/DHS - take the bus to BW, YC, BC, Swan/Dolphin - walk or boat to either
AK - take the bus to ALK, the bus again to AK, least amount of time on a bus.

I also read the DoubleTree has it's own buses to WDW - is that not true?
Do they share buses with the other DS hotels?

I also read the DoubleTree has it's own buses to WDW - is that not true?
Do they share buses with the other DS hotels?

Yes, the DoubleTree is part of the complimentary bus loop shared with all of the Disney Springs Area hotels. There is no need to walk over to DS to get to the parks, the shared bus transportation that can be boarded at the hotel goes to all four WDW parks..

My family has been staying here since it was the Pickett Suites back in the 80's. (30+ years) We love this hotel. We've become friends with many of the staff that still works there after all this time. It truly is our home away from home.
It's a really nice hotel. And it's quiet. We've always rented a car so we've never walked to DS, but I guess you could... I know it would be really pretty along hotel blvd with the lights in the trees.
We will be staying at the AKL lodge for 6 nights and then the rest of the time at the DoubleTree during our trip this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter