Dont you think DVC should have more boards?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Those going to Disney to vacation have numerous boards. Do you feel the DVC board is too generalized? Would we need separate boards for each of the 5 main resorts?

I assume you are talking about this particularly board. First, it is likely an issue of amount of trafic to the board. There is only one DVC board here because there are not enough daily posts to support more than one. Second, information that relates to one DVC resort most often also bears a relation to the others (e.g., issue of banking, borrowing, sales process, etc.)

Only if you promise to take care of them all yourself. Remember to feed them, and groom them daily. Those nasty "room occupancy" hairballs can really be a pain.

Sorry for that moment of delusion. ;)

Each board is based on a similar topic. Related questions are grouped together. Most questions on the DVC Board are related to the DVC as a whole and not directed at a specific resort. This is similar to the Resort Board. To create boards specific to a resort would result in the inefficent use of resources, thus the cost of running this site to skyrocket.

This is not to say additional boards are not added when there is a need. When I began at the DIS, there were only 4 or 5 boards. As the membership increased and the questions increase, then Pete may decide to split boards into two. An example is the Trip Planning Board. This board has been split into the Tips, TPAS, Resturant, Resort, etc. As for now, the question load on the DVC Board appears to be a a good level.

So this is where I post anything having to do with any of the DVC activities? restaurants? resorts? transportation? Of course points. Anything that doesnt have to do with the World Disney World resort?
Just want to make sure I post on the correct board - Thanks

yes and if the moderator thinks it would be better on another site they will move it and tell where it went. this is a good system and seems to work nicely.....

If you have a resturant question, it needs to be posted on the resturant board. Any transportation questions need to be on the Transportations Board. Resort question should be on the resort board (except of course OKW, BWV, BCV, VWL, VB and HH).

A possible exception for resturants might be Olivia's since it is in a DVC resort. But a question about say Le Cellier would best be posted on the resturant board.

I like the present forum setup. I am interested in the discussion about the various DVC resorts, as well as the general discussion on DVC topics.

I think the Boards are set up just right. We don't need an OKW camp vs BWV camp on these boards! We get the right amount of interaction and discussion. To me the DVC Board should be for questions re point usage, room locations and general policies affecting DVC members.

Personally, I don't see an advantage to five different boards for the five different (and current) DVC properties. All of us who are members belong to the whole DVC system. We all can stay at the different properties and many of us have. We can all provide insight and information best on one board than five....and if we switch to five boards, then we would have to get ready to add a sixth board with BCV on the way...

Let's stay as we are...

The DVC Boards are great as they are. I like to learn about other resorts in addition to mine. I don't have to check out any thread I'm not interested in.

If there is any suggestion, it would be that us users do a better job of providing descriptive titles to our threads, allowing people better information to select threads to read.

Actually, there's two DVC boards, this one and the rent/trade board. That's a logical separation. Here, everything DVC can be discussed regardless of resort. Actually if you look through the posts, I don't think there's that many resort specific posts. Mosts are about points, procedures, general questions on DVC etc.

Also, Robin didn't say, but I know it costs Pete a LOT of money to run this site, so adding more topic boards costs money out of his pocket, not ours. So, that said, this is probably a good opportunity to remind everyone that, thanks to Pete, this board is here. And IMHO, the best Disney board on the web !

I have to agree this is the best site! Ive been all over since last Jan and come back to this site a few times a day! I used it for 9 months to plan our Disney vacation and now Im using it to plan for DVC vacations. Thanks Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter