Don't rely on reviews - see restaurants for yourself. Blown away by CRT dinner!

lemondog

<font color=darkorchid>My twins fight over who too
We had dinner last night at CRT. Mainly for our 5yo so we were not expecting much, especially based on reviews. Wow were we blown away! Excellent service, amazing food, magical atmosphere. The only downside is the characters were not very engaging. Just a quick stop by for autograph and photo. But truly, there is nothing quite like watching Happily Ever After from inside the castle. We even got to see a proposal! The whole family loved it and so far declare it our favorite meal here EVER! And we have come many times and usually do DxDDP so we have eaten at a lot of restaurants. So glad I ignored the bad reviews and tried it for myself.

I agree! We went last June, not expecting much based on reviews, but I have 2 princess loving young girls. Our food was amazing (and we live near Chicago - no shortage of amazing restaurants). DH even said he'd happily come back

I agree. Our favorite 1 TS credit last trip was Coral Reef. Have to try things for yourself.

That's great news! I have an ADR at CRT next month and was trying not to get my hopes high due to all the bad reviews. Thank you!!

We've also always enjoyed CRT. I completely agree that you have to try things for yourself. I don't let other Disers predict for me what I will or won't like, as I often disagree with many of the opinions stated on these boards.

We had dinner last night at CRT. Mainly for our 5yo so we were not expecting much, especially based on reviews. Wow were we blown away! Excellent service, amazing food, magical atmosphere. The only downside is the characters were not very engaging. Just a quick stop by for autograph and photo. But truly, there is nothing quite like watching Happily Ever After from inside the castle. We even got to see a proposal! The whole family loved it and so far declare it our favorite meal here EVER! And we have come many times and usually do DxDDP so we have eaten at a lot of restaurants. So glad I ignored the bad reviews and tried it for myself.

Thank you for this! My DD (10) and I will be making our first trip in October '18. I think I'd rather have dinner at CRT than wake up and try to rush in for breakfast. Especially if there's an unique vantage point to view the Happily Ever After show.::MickeyMo

Thanks! Just booked CRT for our trip in April. DH and I ate there on our engagement trip about 13 years ago, it was excellent then but I was afraid things had gone down hill during that time (as per the general consensus seems to be about all WDW dining over the last decade or so). Glad to hear we can look forward to an enjoyable dinner when we take DD for her first trip!

While reading reviews everyone should take them with a grain of salt. We try to do a couple of new restaurants every trip. For example I will never eat at Hollywood & Vine or Tony's again but I have friends who enjoyed both.

Agreed! We LOVED our dinner at the castle! I'm shocked at how many bad reviews there are about it because it was so fabulous when we went. Steak literally cut with a fork, no knife needed and everything was delicious!

I think expectations also play a big role in whether you end up liking something or not. Say you go to two different restaurants. One has terrible reviews, while the other has rave reviews. Even if you have the same, perfectly average experience at both restaurants, you'll end up with a better impression of the badly reviewed one because your expectations were lower going in (while the more highly reviewed restaurant disappointed you for the same reason). I've noticed this a lot on here with popular restaurants like Be Our Guest. They're so hyped that people often go in with very high expectations, and are therefore more likely be disappointed when the restaurant doesn't meet them. I'm so glad you tried CRT for yourself and had a wonderful time. What a great experience for your family, and a magical memory for your five year old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!