Don’t Give Up on ‘Ohana!

DizneyMommy

Every Day is Disneyland Day!
We went into our trip nervous about ‘Ohana based on the recent feedback. We loved it 8 years ago and really wanted to enjoy it again!

We had an amazing time! We were seated within 10 minutes on a busy Saturday. Our server, Newton, was amazing. Food was paced perfectly for us. Not too fast but not too slow either with 3 kids! The singer was fabulous, and the kids loved the coconut races. We lucked out with a perfect window seat and amazing view.

But the food. THE FOOD!! We feasted, it was amazing. We had more than enough of everything, in the right order, and were offered more bread and meat (we barely put a dent in the huge sides dish!) The pot stickers, noodles, salad, and bread were delicious. The chicken, steak and shrimp were perfect. And the dessert, absolutely amazing. They brought out way more than we could ever eat, and included some rice crispy treats for the kids.

I am so SO glad we kept our ADR and went anyways, we would have missed out on an amazing perfect evening and meal if we had canceled!

The food was great for us too last month. Service and atmosphere were fine.

But our drinks... :sad1: Horrible! This was our second visit in a row when the drinks were bad.

If we go back, we will stick to beer or iced tea.

The food was great for us too last month. Service and atmosphere were fine.

But our drinks... :sad1: Horrible! This was our second visit in a row when the drinks were bad.

If we go back, we will stick to beer or iced tea.
We had a Wild Turkey Moscow Mule and I can’t remember what mine was but it was orange and slushy and delicious. They were both awesome. Or maybe I have too many children with me to care lol

We had a Wild Turkey Moscow Mule and I can’t remember what mine was but it was orange and slushy and delicious. They were both awesome. Or maybe I have too many children with me to care lol

Having a Lapu Lapu was a highlight of dining there in past years. This time, it tasted like kiddie punch. Way too sweet and didn’t seem to have much alcohol. Very disappointing. I remember when the drinks there were the best in the World.

My Lapu Lapu was good in September, but the other drinks we got were lousy. It’s a shame.

We have an ADR in August and I was nervous after reading all of the negative reviews. We went 7yrs ago and had a less than stellar dinner we even left before desert. I wasn't looking forward to this dinner but DDIL wanted to try it again, so thanks for a positive review.

We ate here twice during our recent trip 6/3-6/13 and had 2 incredible meals and great service. To my surprise the grilled chicken was this highlight of the meal, it was just great. The wait staff was great as well during out 1st dinner the waiter brought out 2 trays of the desert for 8 people. My daughters maternal great aunt took one entire platter and said MINE and started eating. Without breaking a beat he went out and got us another platter of the desert so there would be enough for other 7 of us. Sigh relatives.

Good news as we have a booking for October that I’m really looking forward to (never been there before). Anyone know if the lapulapu is on the dining plan?

Good news as we have a booking for October that I’m really looking forward to (never been there before). Anyone know if the lapulapu is on the dining plan?

I'm pretty sure I read that the lapulapu is included with DDP but comes in a glass not the pineapple. Maybe someone can confirm.

We went into our trip nervous about ‘Ohana based on the recent feedback. We loved it 8 years ago and really wanted to enjoy it again!

We had an amazing time! We were seated within 10 minutes on a busy Saturday. Our server, Newton, was amazing. Food was paced perfectly for us. Not too fast but not too slow either with 3 kids! The singer was fabulous, and the kids loved the coconut races. We lucked out with a perfect window seat and amazing view.

But the food. THE FOOD!! We feasted, it was amazing. We had more than enough of everything, in the right order, and were offered more bread and meat (we barely put a dent in the huge sides dish!) The pot stickers, noodles, salad, and bread were delicious. The chicken, steak and shrimp were perfect. And the dessert, absolutely amazing. They brought out way more than we could ever eat, and included some rice crispy treats for the kids.

I am so SO glad we kept our ADR and went anyways, we would have missed out on an amazing perfect evening and meal if we had canceled!

What time was your reservation?

I’m so glad to hear the good news. We will be there next month for breakfast and dinner. We have always enjoyed breakfast at ‘Ohana, and we have always wanted to try dinner there. I was beginning to be concerned by all of the negative reviews but decided to keep our ADR and see for ourselves.

We love ‘ohana but I wasnt able to get reservations for December I got on right at 180 days. I’m checking daily for cancellations!!

Last edited:
We ate at O'hana on the 1st of July and it was amazing. In fact, my 17 year old son said "I'm not lying, this food is freakin' fantastic!"
We had great service, though the fact our server was from Tulsa and I was from Oklahoma City may have helped.

Finally got our first reservation ever at Ohana for December. From what I read though about the rush job though I'm not sure I'm gonna keep it. Since we may be staying at the Poly we might just do the Feast instead.

Last edited:
I am so happy to hear these good reviews. We will be there in 2 weeks for my husband's birthday dinner.
I'm also happy. We will be having dinner there for the first time on July 20th and breakfast for the umpteenth time on July 25th.

Thank you for the post. We have eaten at Ohana every trip for about 8 years and always enjoyed our meal. We don't eat late so maybe that has something to do with it - but we never had a bad meal there. This was the first year that I was thinking about not going with all the bad reviews - plus I couldn't get the day we wanted as we planned this trip later than usual and we are a party of 11. I think I will keep it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!