Domo is gutted :(

Domo

Wotcha
So, I fell asleep in the shade here in the Maldives. What WAS the shade. Woke up an hour later in full sun. Couple this with some meds I take that make me very susceptible to the sun's rays, and I now have first degree burns on my legs. It hurts! Way for me, idiot that I am, to ruin my (very expensive) holiday :(

pics of the Maldives please??? Oh, and so sorry you burnt, lol. Do you have aloe with you? Cool washcloths?

pics of the Maldives please??? Oh, and so sorry you burnt, lol. Do you have aloe with you? Cool washcloths?

I ended up in a clinic here - apparently I was very close to making non-reversible damage to my nerve endings! Flippin' hurts though!

Sun burns are no joke, I'm sorry you were so badly burned! :( hope you feel better soon!

Domo on next holiday.

domo15.jpg

So sorry about your sun burn. They are very painful. Hope the clinic can fix you up with some things to ease the pain.

Make sure you hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And, if you can, use ibuprofen for the inflammation/pain.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear it Domo. Happened to me in Nassau. Never again! Feel better.

Ouch!!! A bad sunburn is absolutely miserable. Several years ago my ex and I were swimming and we both got burned badly on our shoulders and backs. We just laid in bed watching TV all day because it was so painful to move. Ibuprofen did help with the pain, but any movement reminded you quickly that you were burned. I hope you get some relief and salvage your vacation!

Get some tea bags. Boil a Jug of water, once boiled, pour about 1/2 litre of the boiled water into another jug and place about 10 - 15 tea bags into it. Let them do their thing.

After about 10-15 minutes, pour 1 litre of ice cold water into the jug with the tea in it. Once it is ice cold and still leaving the tea bags in the jug, get a face washer and soak it it the cold tea. Wring out the face washer ( but still have some wetness about it) and place it on your sunburn.

Keep doing this over the course of a few hours, you can also put the used tea bags on your sun burn too. It works great to take the sting out of a burn.

Hope you feel better soon

So, I fell asleep in the shade here in the Maldives. What WAS the shade. Woke up an hour later in full sun. Couple this with some meds I take that make me very susceptible to the sun's rays, and I now have first degree burns on my legs. It hurts! Way for me, idiot that I am, to ruin my (very expensive) holiday :(

Use milk on those burns to reduce the pain. Enjoy the rest of your holiday

Oh the misery! :mad: I have twice received severe burns on vacation which for days put my out of commision. My own fault.

Now I take trips to lovely areas where that exposure is less likely to occur.

Soak in a Luke warm tub of water until your skin is cool,to the touch, or use towels and get them ice cold, place on sunburned areas. Once the towel gets warm replace with another cold towel. Repeat until skin is cool to the touch. Once you have cooled your skin (while it is hot, you are still cooking), use either aloe vera gel or cream with aloe vera. Do not use anything with alcohol in it or anything that will dry out your skin. This will irritate the burn. Keep applying the gel or cream liberally.

I fried myself in high school and did this. I ended up with a great tan and absolutely no peeling at all. In 1983, I fried the lower half of my legs and didn't do this and was close to second degree burns. Went to an outdoor concert (US Festival) and had to keep wet towels on that part of my legs.

The main thing is you HAVE to get the heat out of your skin completely. As long as there is heat coming from your skin, you cannot begin to heal.

....hey, I thought you covered every part of your body, with the exception of that square part of your face:

Pink-Domo-Plush-Toy.jpg

....on a more serious note, burnt legs are no joke....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter