Doll question!!

Pryncess'mom

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have a question. In August we visited Once upon a toy, and saw dolls that were dressed ready to visit WDW with fanny packs, shorts, mouse ears, etc. You could choose the hair color and skin tone, and they ran about $40. Does anyone know what they are called? I checked the Disney Store, they don't have them, they are not in the catalog I have. I should have bought it then, by DD was with me! I want it for christmas!! Any help, I really appreciate it! Thanks!!:earsgirl:

I checked www.disneystore.com and found them-they are called "Sweetheart" dolls. I bought both of my dd's dolls last year when the DS in our mall marked them down to $10!! (Of course, that was because they no longer sell them or their clothes:( )

The ones at WDW are different than the ones at TDS and online. I bought one for my DD. They also have the princess costumes for the dolls at WDW. DD got the Jasmin costume too. It is adorable. I think I'm talking about the same doll you are. She has denim looking shorts, a WDW t-shirt with Mickey, Mickey ears, fanny pack, autograph book, camera. I don't remember what the name on the box was. I don't have it anymore. On the doll itself it has a tag that says WDW. I seem to remember the name being something like, "park kids" or "park friends". Sorry I can't help you better. If I find the name I'll post it!

OOH I hope this helps, I found the receipt!! It was $40 and I bought it at the BW at Fittings & Fairings Clothes and Notions. We were staying there that's why we bought it at that store. The UPC# on the receipt is 12112758. It doesn't say the name, but next to the UPC it says:MDG LGT SKIN/RED On the receipt is the guest services # 407-363-6200 and the e-mail WDW.MAIL.ORDER@DISNEY.COM

Godd luck! I hope you can get it for your DD!!!;)

I just knew someone could help!! Thanks so much for the info. That is the one, $40 . The Sweetheart dolls in the catalog are only $18, and you don't have the choice off skin tone and hair color that you do with the others. I will try tomorrow! thanks again!!:earsgirl:

I think she is called "My Disney Girl" or something like that. We bought her for my DD last Christmas and also the same exact red Mickey t-shirt (child size). When we went back for Spring Break my DD wore the same shirt and shorts and fixed her hair in ponytails like the doll (even the same Mickey hair clips). We were standing at the entrance to Fantasyland waiting to go in, and the CM chose her to "open" Fantasyland. I believe it was because of her "twin" doll.

Pryncess mom, We will also be purchasing this doll for the holidays. I saw it in august and didn't get it then, luckily we are going back in Dec, so I will pick it up then.
If you don't have any luck getting it befopre then, maybe we can arrange for me to have one shipped to you.

Are the dolls everywhere or do I have to go to a certain store? I would love to get my daughter one when we go and save it for Christmas.

They were in all the parks. I saw them at Mouse Gears in EPCOT, in the Emporiam on Main Street, and in the big shop(I can't think of the name) at the front of MGM. There are also accessories and clothes. Really fun and cute. One of the main reasons Mom and I are going back next week is to shop til we drop! :eek: :cool:

Can someone tell me how tall the doll is? My DD has a twinn doll that is 23 inches and I am wondering if I could just get her the outfits instead of buying the doll.

Unfortunately, the doll is about 18 or 19 inches. My DD also has the My Twinn doll and she is much bigger that the My Disney Doll. I have bought matching T shirts at the Disney Store for the My Twinn and DD. We usually take both of them with us to DW.

Thanks for the information. I'll just get her the doll too. I am hoping that I can get it without her seeing.

When we were there in October, Once Upon a Toy (OUaT) had the best selection of the clothing for these dolls, but World of Disney had a better variety of dolls. You can also use the Disney Club card discount at WoD, but not at OUaT.

Schmeck

That is true. I was very upset because my DD was Belle for Halloween and I wanted to get the Belle costume for her doll. They had every other doll princess costume at World of Disney EXCEPT Belle, so I had to get it at Once Upon a Toy where I could not use my DC discount. I didn't think that was fair!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter