Does going from POLY to HS actually take 70 min?

ShannyDoesDisney

Dreaming of Palm Trees
I have been using the My Disney Experience app for directions to and from our plans/reservations out of curiosity. We leave for our first trip to WDW Jan 5!
I checked the time from the Poly to Hollywood Studios and the lowest amount of time it has given was 68 minutes and it ALWAYSSSSS tells me to take the monorail to Magic Kingdom and then the bus to HS.

Should I expect it to take forever? Is there not a bus from the resort to HS? Our toddler son will be 19 months and after an hour of getting somewhere he could end up cranky so I would end up using Uber/Lyft/Minnie Vans.

Sorry for being long winded and thanks in advance! =)

I have been using the My Disney Experience app for directions to and from our plans/reservations out of curiosity. We leave for our first trip to WDW Jan 5!
I checked the time from the Poly to Hollywood Studios and the lowest amount of time it has given was 68 minutes and it ALWAYSSSSS tells me to take the monorail to Magic Kingdom and then the bus to HS.

Should I expect it to take forever? Is there not a bus from the resort to HS? Our toddler son will be 19 months and after an hour of getting somewhere he could end up cranky so I would end up using Uber/Lyft/Minnie Vans.

Sorry for being long winded and thanks in advance! =)

That part of the app isn't exactly fine tuned, or real time, to my knowledge.

Unless you get really unlucky and have to wait a long time for a bus to arrive, the typical trip should not take anywhere near that long. Once the bus leaves Poly, it'll stop to pick up at GF (right next door), then it's straight to HS. That doesn't usually take a ton of time. How long you wait for the bus is the biggest unknown. But even then, an hour+ would be on the extreme end of things, from my perspective.

Sounds like MDE is using the misinformation provided by OLP (another unofficial site.) Expect about a 15-20 minute ride, following potentially a 20ish minute wait.

When we were at the Poly in July/August, the buses to HS were relatively frequent. The flat screen tv's they have at the waiting pick up points are handy at showing approximate wait times. I can say that we were there when there were no major construction issues which appears to be affecting times right now, so things may well be different. This last trip we used more taxi's than we have in every other trip combined! While the additional cost was not always something you wanted, the speed and convenience was definitely worth it for our family of 5, especially when taking into consideration bag check at the TTC / monorail etc...

Keep in mind if you are trying to make it to an ADR, Disney suggests you allow 90 minutes for transportation. Typically that is over-kill, but they want you to make it there without being late. Just going to the parks to do the parks, an hour is plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter