Do you use your snacks or quick service for breakfast?

Hi, we do a combination of sharing quick service breakfast, snack credits, and some grocery store food for breakfast, as well as at least one table service breakfast per trip. My DH really likes breakfast! Some examples: 1)sharing a "bounty platter" at Sunshine Seasons at Epcot or a value or moderate resort food court. If at a resort we use our mugs and get a juice to take with us or to the room for another day. 2) sharing a platter at Columbia harbor house and each using a sack credit to get a soup so we both get filled up and save a credit to use for breakfast.3) at yacht club last time they had a warm spinach and chese pastry for a snack credit and two days I had a cup of curried chicken salad from the grab and go fridge for a snack credit for breakfast. 4) on a magic kingdom day we used snack credit to get pineapple upside Disney cake Dole Whips after two rides then went to Fantasyland and shared a cinnamon roll at Gaston's after a few more rides. 5) if we aren't hungry enough at our table service dinner we have asked for our dessert to-go and eaten it for breakfast the next day. 6) we have brought mini bagels, cream cheese and apples with us before to eat in the room. These examples are just specific examples of ideas others have already posted. I just wanted to show that you can create a combination of meal ideas that works for you by combing different ideas.

When we are on the DDP, DD24 and I share QS credits for breakfast and lunch. We usually travel in August and find we don't necessarily eat a whole lot due to the heat, so sharing a bounty platter at breakfast and something substantial at lunch (schwarma platter at Tangerine Cafe, chicken/rib combo at Flame Tree, etc) is enough for us- especially with 2 snack credits each for noshing if we get the mid-afternoon hungries! We always have dinner around 7pm or later (depending on park hours and plans) so by then we are each ready for our own TS meal (sitting down, relaxing in the a/c, with an adult beverage :drinking1).

It makes not much difference whether at home or on vacation how we eat breakfast. Basically we eat a Continental breakfast so using snack credits for our day's starter makes sense for us.

These are the snack credit items I recall as being available at the resort's quick service:

various pastries and breads
fresh fruit cups...I noted a berry mix, pineapple, various melon, and apple slices.
whole fruit: banana, apples and some kind of citrus fruit.
Greek yougurt and regular pre mixed with fruit
dry cereal...at least 3 different varieties
I think the juices are one credit but don't hold me to it.

With your mug refill you have a choice of coffee, tea or cocoa. I frequently make cocoa for the kiddos with a mix of hot water to melt the mix and then add in milk and pop it in the QS eatery's communal microwave.

Since we travel as a minimum of 3 Disney adults (2 "normal" adults and a 12 y/o) I can use between 3-5 snack credits to make a substantial breakfast that will hold most of us until at least 11:00 AM. When travelling with the Hobbit aka DGD the box of dry cereal comes with us to the park so she can nibble on it. If necessary, we stop at a fruit stand in the park to grab a cup of watermelon or similar for another snack credit.

Only QS credit Ive ever used for breakfast is if I have a left over credit on check out day or to go to breakfast at BOG which in my opinion is definitely worth the QS credit..

I tend to order fruit and a few cereal bowls for my kids to have in the room to supplement what we get at the food court, or save from the day before. My two favorite breakfasts would be ordering 2-3 Mickey waffles from the resort counter service with breakfast meat to share amongst my 5 family members, or picking up pastries at Les Halle's the night before. I have also been known to enjoy the remains of a caramel apple or leftover pizza for breakfast! I also pack almonds and a couple of protein bars for myself to take care of morning hunger if we are going to straight to parks for a late morning lunch/brunch. Sticking a few items in your suitcase does not add much to cost, it prevents feeling desperate or stuck when faced with limited breakfast options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter