Do you think DL/WDW ......

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
will ever get rid of park reservations, whether it's a few months or 10 years from now? I want to go back to WDW, but want park reservations gone first ideally. I'm fine with park reservations at DL since it's so small and I don't stay more than 5 days. I stayed 2 weeks at WDW the last time. I don't mind planning the first few days, but after that no.

Agree. Leadership has already said reservations are here to stay and I don't see any incentive from Disney's side to discontinue them as it's pretty much all upside for them in terms of park planning and management.

I don't think they'll get rid of them near term. But nobody knows what things will look like years in the future. If you asked 15 years ago if Disney would get rid of physical cards for Annual Passes, it would have been inconceivable because the technology to use a phone to pull up the record for an Annual Pass didn't exist yet.

It all depends on how long people put up with it. I have a feeling/hope that August 25th is going to be a panic date when renewal for keys aren’t what they should be.

I can easily see the system collapse on itself when they start allocating more and more capacity to the keys.

I see it working like this:
  • Key reservations are currently maxed 2 months out. That’s untenable, especially for the dream keys.
  • Disney realizes the problem, keeps reallocating reservations from full fare tickets to keys
  • now full fair tickets are also frequently selling out
  • now you have pissed off people who spent 200(!) dollars for a ticket they are unable to find a day that works for them
  • disney has to find some alternative.

I think that they’re here to stay. Disney likes it and I don’t see them removing the process.

I think it will stay. I was talking to a a couple of CMs (one is a Fantasyland manager, and the other handles staffing), and they both said reservations are here to stay.

Definitely will stay. They tried this system pre-COVID with the Flex Pass and found it successful. The problem is they cap reservations for each ticket type and Magic Key at an elusive number. Who knows when that number will satisfy both guests & management? Where are they getting their guidance for that number - CDC, local health departments, CM availability, Bob Chapek's crystal ball? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter