Do you knit or crochet? Please come here.

I always have several projects going. I currently have 2-3 sweaters I am working on. I actually just finished 2 other sweaters. 2011 is going to be the year to finish some ongoing knitting projects that seem forgotten.

I'm a KIP and a CIP too! I've had people come up and sit next to me and watch and chat. It's like if you are doing needlework, you are a "friendly person", and people feel comfortable telling you about their moms or grandmoms and other knitting stories...

And it's so funny how when you bring something in to work, the people all tell you if they can or cant... if they always wanted to learn... then can you teach them... I have taught a bunch of people at work how to knit and crochet. Once they start, they are hooked (pun intended :lmao:)

This is so true. Not long after I started my current job, I was accosted by a girl in the lunchroom who told me how much she wanted to learn to knit, and she had another friend who knit, etc... So about a week later, she finds me to tell me her friend has taught her to knit. We are now good friends.

I get annoyed when some friends look at the things I make and ask me to make one for them. My Mom and I made fair isle Christmas stockings last year, and I had 2 friends ask me to make stockings for their cats. Ummm, NO! It takes time, energy, and money for these projects. I have no idea what they were thinking. I made a stocking this year. it was for my beloved niece. That is more realistic. I have also had requests for baby blankets or blankets for a cat. These are the people I offer to teach, but none of them want to learn. I do have other friends who have learned, and they all enjoy it.

Here is a pic of a ruana I found on etsy
IMG_1002_1.JPG

Mine is made of Joann's Rainbow Boucle in dc ribbing... it's huge! I'm working on one of the front sides, but the back is finished

This is so true. Not long after I started my current job, I was accosted by a girl in the lunchroom who told me how much she wanted to learn to knit, and she had another friend who knit, etc... So about a week later, she finds me to tell me her friend has taught her to knit. We are now good friends.

I get annoyed when some friends look at the things I make and ask me to make one for them. My Mom and I made fair isle Christmas stockings last year, and I had 2 friends ask me to make stockings for their cats. Ummm, NO! It takes time, energy, and money for these projects. I have no idea what they were thinking. I made a stocking this year. it was for my beloved niece. That is more realistic. I have also had requests for baby blankets or blankets for a cat. These are the people I offer to teach, but none of them want to learn. I do have other friends who have learned, and they all enjoy it.

I so get the "can you make me one" thing. It can be so annoying! The funny thing is, I was introduced to a new employee last month as "This is Debbie. She is very crafty. Don't ask her to make anything for you, she will say no. But she will be more than happy to teach you how to do it yourself" :rotfl2: So, I guess I got my point across...

I got my daughter (9) a gift certificate to a knitting store for christmas. We had our first lesson and she picked it right up..me not so much....

Knit, and I while I am a leftie, I do it right handed cause thats how my momma taught me :goodvibes I KIP and love how people feel it's okay to touch my yarn....I totally get that :lovestruc

I'm in the middle of making a blanket and a tote bag.

I just discovered the Ravelry website last week. It is great to browse through so many patterns!

I've only made smaller items up until now: scarves, hats, washclothes, small pouches and I haven't blocked anything yet - it doesn't sound difficult though. Has anyone done it? It looks like it makes a big difference! I've read that items made of man-made fibers (like Red Heart Supersaver yarn) don't need to be blocked. Has anyone ever tried?

Most of the items you block are made from natural fibers. Arylic just needs a good wash to set straight.
I am to lazy to block but I should someday.

LionBrand. Many free patterns, free app for iPhone.

So how do I find a Smiley that is knitting?:surfweb:

www.knittinghelp.com is an amazing site. It has tons of information. Most of the tutorials have a continental and an english version so it is specific to your method.

I LOVE Ravelry. I am myknitography over there if anyone wants to be friends :) I love being able to keep track of projects and which needles I have since I have so many. I learned to crochet when I was 8 and knit when I was 10 or so. I stopped knitting, but picked it back up when I was pregnant with dd.

I am on Ravelry too. Screen name: KPeterso. I will send myknitography a request to be friends. Anyone else, just send me a reques too. I am terrible about posting my stuff, but I love seeing what others are up to. I get so many ideas from Ravelry. :goodvibes

I am on Ravelry too. Screen name: KPeterso. I will send myknitography a request to be friends. Anyone else, just send me a reques too. I am terrible about posting my stuff, but I love seeing what others are up to. I get so many ideas from Ravelry. :goodvibes

got it :) I have been really bad about updating my projects lately. I haven't taken pics in awhile. I have so many going at one time. I actually have 3 Kaia Babydoll dresses on the needles along with a dozen other random projects. It's a good thing I have so many needles. On second thought, maybe if I had fewer I would actually finish a project before moving on to the next one. :laughing:

www.knittinghelp.com is an amazing site. It has tons of information. Most of the tutorials have a continental and an english version so it is specific to your method.

I LOVE Ravelry. I am myknitography over there if anyone wants to be friends :) I love being able to keep track of projects and which needles I have since I have so many. I learned to crochet when I was 8 and knit when I was 10 or so. I stopped knitting, but picked it back up when I was pregnant with dd.

Thanks for the link! I am filypretzel on Ravelry. I like how I can track my 'in progress' projects there - like a reminder to complete them already!! :rotfl:

I also joined Ravelry; KnitNewbie20. I am not great at posting my projects; but my library has many books and most (not all) of my needles are tracked. :surfweb:

I have added those who are on Ravelry today!

I am on Ravelry too. I am Disneyworldmimi - the same as here. I haven't posted anything I have done, but love finding the different free patterns. Found so many nice ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter